2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
There have been several comparisons of these popular new 2018 models now published, and all that I've seen have ranked the Accord ahead of the Camry. Some found it to be a close call but the overall consensus has definitely been that the Accord just seems to be a more refined car.

You are correct; the general consensus from the pro car reviewers favors (slightly) the new 2018 Honda Accord over the 2018 Toyota Camry.
I wouldn't sweat much or lose sleep over in finding either one in my driveway tomorrow morning. ...Black.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
It's not what the car reviewers say about a car that matters, it's what you think that matters. ;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Some people not only drive them, but they race them too (custom):

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/10/31/toyota-nascar-drivers-create-custom-camrys-sema/

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I had the front sturts on rav4 replaced on Thursday. The model is the Sport, which came factory with Tokico's, which are blue high performance (ironically with a lifetime warrenty if you buy them from dealer, not with a car). I went in and asked my dealer about replacements, and if they would be the same Tokico blues. The service writer said yes they would be the same oem struts.

I asked because I couldn't not find them online for a price to compare to say Les Schwabs (whk offers KYB). The Tokico struts are all but elusive to the lamen.

Off from the dealer I go, after 3 hours turned into 6, and I called them because it had been way longer than I expected. Not a huge deal, I know proceedures like that take time.

Now I am looking at the receipt, and at the strut. It isn't blue, and it is a cheap FCS $100 strut I paid $250 for... I could have got KYB with the factory springs swapped over for about 2/3 the price or less at Les Schwab. (KYB is superior). The Sport spring is stiffer, so that would be my only option to get near factory. I have yet to go back to see if I can get my factory springs, and/or factory struts they said were leaking, put back on/money refunded, so I can go elsewhere and get this fixed. Who knows the ending of the story...

Moral here however is that maybe all these special versions of everything are bullshit. Long term support will suffer unless there is a real calling for aftermarket parts from day 1 from tuners. And loyalty to a dealer for everything may not get you the right treatment in this situation. Up until now it has been 9 great years...

The service writer should have made a note to the mechanic/parts department that they were suppose to be Tokicos. They should have called me when they were not. But I got reassurance from dude who simply didn't take me seriously at all. The GM is known to reply to all bad feedback on Google, so something will come of it... dunno what.

****Update****

Looks like someone ordered the wrong part, not the service guy. We'll see what comes out of it, as they're going to change them. Spoke to the GM, very nice guy, he had a little meeting because these types of mistakes regularly will ruin a place.

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I went to the US News site and it appears they haven't reviewed the 2018 Accord yet. All of the info referenced the 2017 Accord.

Perhaps the Camry's top rating will change after they review the 2018 Accord.

Then again, if you like the Camry best, go get one and have fun with it. Doesn't really matter what someone else thinks.[/QUOT

And the winner is the 2018 Camry over the 2018 Accord!:);)

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/midsize-cars

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I had the front sturts on rav4 replaced on Thursday. The model is the Sport, which came factory with Tokico's, which are blue high performance (ironically with a lifetime warrenty if you buy them from dealer, not with a car). I went in and asked my dealer about replacements, and if they would be the same Tokico blues. The service writer said yes they would be the same oem struts.

I asked because I couldn't not find them online for a price to compare to say Les Schwabs (whk offers KYB). The Tokico struts are all but elusive to the lamen.

Off from the dealer I go, after 3 hours turned into 6, and I called them because it had been way longer than I expected. Not a huge deal, I know proceedures like that take time.

Now I am looking at the receipt, and at the strut. It isn't blue, and it is a cheap FCS $100 strut I paid $250 for... I could have got KYB with the factory springs swapped over for about 2/3 the price or less at Les Schwab. (KYB is superior). The Sport spring is stiffer, so that would be my only option to get near factory. I have yet to go back to see if I can get my factory springs, and/or factory struts they said were leaking, put back on/money refunded, so I can go elsewhere and get this fixed. Who knows the ending of the story...

Moral here however is that maybe all these special versions of everything are bullshit. Long term support will suffer unless there is a real calling for aftermarket parts from day 1 from tuners. And loyalty to a dealer for everything may not get you the right treatment in this situation. Up until now it has been 9 great years...

The service writer should have made a note to the mechanic/parts department that they were suppose to be Tokicos. They should have called me when they were not. But I got reassurance from dude who simply didn't take me seriously at all. The GM is known to reply to all bad feedback on Google, so something will come of it... dunno what.

****Update****

Looks like someone ordered the wrong part, not the service guy. We'll see what comes out of it, as they're going to change them. Spoke to the GM, very nice guy, he had a little meeting because these types of mistakes regularly will ruin a place.

All was made well. But still, one must wonder about long term support. I suppose it also depends how long you like to own a car for..

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I went to the US News site and it appears they haven't reviewed the 2018 Accord yet. All of the info referenced the 2017 Accord.

Perhaps the Camry's top rating will change after they review the 2018 Accord.

Then again, if you like the Camry best, go get one and have fun with it. Doesn't really matter what someone else thinks.[/QUOT

And the winner is the 2018 Camry over the 2018 Accord!:);)

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/midsize-cars

Have you purchased your 2018 Camry yet? Hope you get one soon!

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
You must be kidding!

29 forum pages of you telling us how great the 2018 Toyota Camry is and now you won't buy one because you think the car is defective (too many bugs).

This is very disappointing. You have misled us all along! :)

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
You must be kidding!

29 forum pages of you telling us how great the 2018 Toyota Camry is and now you won't buy one because you think the car is defective (too many bugs).

This is very disappointing. You have misled us all along! :)

possibly; this has more to do with age to get driver's license and legally be on a car title or loan. about a month or two ago that became evident to me, and I stopped responding. OTOH having young forum members is a very positive thing. we need that.

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I test drove a 2018 Honda Accord and 2018 Toyota Camry... Back to Back!

It was close but the Camry had a smoother ride on all roads compared to the Accord!

The Accord had more road noise compared to the Camry!

The Accord had a heavier steering compared to the Camry...I liked the steering on the Camry a little better!

I did like the seats in the Accord a little better but it was close!

I liked the sound quality of the stereo in the Camry a little better compared to the Accord!

After test driving both cars, back to back, I would pick the Camry as the better car!:)

You all can go test drive both cars and see what you think.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
If we could split ourselves in as many pieces as there are cars asking to be driven, it would require an expert surgeon stitching back all the ligaments afterwards.

You have been driven both back to black, and you shared briefly on a white background your overall slight inprinted preference for the Toyota Camry; life is beautiful.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Saw the new Nissan Maxima. What a handsome car. Nissans have always been much better "driver's cars" than tapioca Toyotas.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
You must realize they're in completely different classes! The Camry is rated with midsize cars while the S-Class with Super Luxury Cars, the ratings do not compare across categories!

I already test drove both these cars and there's not much difference between these cars with ride quality, they are both deep into the Diminishing Returns and it comes down to personal preference when cars are on this level!:);)

But some think the Diminishing Returns is Fake News!:D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing