Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Collectible speakers

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    My vote is for a speaker made to sound bad on purpose My vote goes to the Auratone C5. Oh and yes, the prices on originals are rising.
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    never owned them but they caused quite a stir at the time

DCM Time Machine

Attachment 28886

and then the DCM Time Machine 2

Attachment 28887
    Having owned both Time Window 1 and 3 they were like Flies here in MI as they were made in Ann Arbor MI
    That being said Steve Eberbach was a smart cookie for his time and was good at 1rst order time phased crossovers

I traded my 3 for not so Carver Amazings and still feel that a$$ rogering I took..

Hi Folks ,

this seems like the appropriate thread to introduce myself .... I've been collecting vintage speakers and parts for about 12 years . It's the old pro studio monitors that interest me . I built the JBL 4345 , refurbished the 4435 , L300 ( rescued from Mute Record's basement ) 4333, 4343 , and a few consumer models 4311, 4312, L150 ..... I've been really lucky to find the parts for the very rare TAD 2404 .. I've just received the networks and TD 4003 this morning . The cabinets are probably a bit better than the originals in materials and craftsmanship ( thats what I do - artist / designer ) with a formal apprenticeship in Joinery and a fine art degree ... I've taught myself enough E.E. to build my own amps and pre-amps ... I had to buy a DAC though ... cant do everything I guess . I try and build what ever I can .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by es347 View Post
    AR3a's without question. Maybe the Snell Type A Improved..
    + 1 for the Snell Type A improved . Fantastic Mids w/ deep bass when Biamped . Name:  IMG_2351.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  43.4 KB
    VPI TNT 6 w/ Classic Platter upgrade, Kuzma Stogi REF 313 VTA, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, VPI HR-X ,JMW12.7 ,Lyra Kleos, ARC REF 5SE, REF Phono 2SE, REF 610T monoblocks, ARC SP 10MK2, a pair of D79B's, Duntech C5000 speakers, Magnepan MG3A Speakers.

End of next week i will receive Quad Corner Ribbon,that is perfect,the box and driver,
    i will post his sound,i never listen until now

another very good speaker,good sound and incredible impact with rock music are my Electrovoice Sentry III

Member Sponsor Senior Member Uk Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Hi Folks ,

this seems like the appropriate thread to introduce myself .... I've been collecting vintage speakers and parts for about 12 years . It's the old pro studio monitors that interest me . I built the JBL 4345 , refurbished the 4435 , L300 ( rescued from Mute Record's basement ) 4333, 4343 , and a few consumer models 4311, 4312, L150 ..... I've been really lucky to find the parts for the very rare TAD 2404 .. I've just received the networks and TD 4003 this morning . The cabinets are probably a bit better than the originals in materials and craftsmanship ( thats what I do - artist / designer ) with a formal apprenticeship in Joinery and a fine art degree ... I've taught myself enough E.E. to build my own amps and pre-amps ... I had to buy a DAC though ... cant do everything I guess . I try and build what ever I can .
    Welcome to wbf!

A man after my own heart, always creating, and learning! Tell us more when you can..

Rgds,
    Paul
    Z:Axis Audio

Balanced Power ~ 'Symetrica' by Z:Axis Audio TT Sony TTS 8000 / SAEC WE-506/30 / Nasotec Swing / AT ART9, Allnic H3000 Phono Stage Inc KR Audio 'Lampizator Anniversary 5U4G' Rectifier CD Esoteric transport / Concert Fidelity DAC 040B/D /Concert Fidelity 080LSX2 Pre / ZL200 Amplifiers / Martin Logan Spire - Extensively modified. Cabling is by Z-Axis Audio, Reference mains leads, 'Reference B52' interconnects, 'Livewire' speaker cables.Mirage equipment support.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast