Esoteric P02X and D02X, anyone heard the new generation of 02X components?

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I'd appreciate any direct experience from those who have done serious listening to the new Esoteric P02X and D02X transport and DAC.

Any comparisons to the prior 02 (non-X) transport and DAC, the K-01X, and the P1/D1 combo would be appreciated as would listening impressions
in general and against other high-end units.

Thank you!

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Has anyone run across and heard these units?

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Esoteric D-02X

I'd appreciate any direct experience from those who have done serious listening to the new Esoteric P02X and D02X transport and DAC.

Any comparisons to the prior 02 (non-X) transport and DAC, the K-01X, and the P1/D1 combo would be appreciated as would listening impressions
in general and against other high-end units.

Thank you!

Hi Zephyr,

Any updates or feedback of the 2 units?:b

The K1 Gandiosio player is also announced and the new AK4497 dacs shown even lower S/N that the 4490 used in the D-02X and D1 Grandiosio.

I am also wondering, K1 price has gone up a fair bit and alreading taking a hit on the K-01 then K-01X doesnt add up.

It would seem a better idea to add the D-02x and have similar thoughts as you. The new generation interface of the D-02X would make the K-01X as a transport also outdated, that is no es-link and would be a big waste.

Unless the D-02X is appreciably that much better than the K-01X and also now the K1.

It's a tough comparison to make now with all the new units released!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Hi Zephyr,

Any updates or feedback of the 2 units?:b

The K1 Grandioso player is also announced and the new AK4497 dacs shown even lower S/N that the 4490 used in the D-02X and D1 Grandioso.

I am also wondering, K1 price has gone up a fair bit and alreading taking a hit on the K-01 then K-01X doesn't add up.

It would seem a better idea to add the D-02x and have similar thoughts as you. The new generation interface of the D-02X would make the K-01X as a transport also outdated, that is no es-link and would be a big waste.

Unless the D-02X is appreciably that much better than the K-01X and also now the K1.

It's a tough comparison to make now with all the new units released!

Good Day! I have not gotten any feedback on these two units possibly because they are brand new. I agree with your comments that things have
really been shaken up essentially also by the influx of the Grandioso K1; I heard a bit yesterday about this single-box version of what is reported
to add up to everything in a Grandioso all fit into a single box (or its equivalent). Esoteric continues to amaze me how they innovate; they
don't ever seem to stop.

On the topic of the continuing value of the K-01 in light of the K-01X and also both superseded by the Grandioso K1 and the same line
of thinking regarding the P-02X and D-02X superseding the P-02 and D-02, I think it's essential to remember that the K-01, K-01X
and P-02 and D-02 combo are STILL on a very short list of the absolute world's best digital playback devices. That has not changed.
There are many out there who can still benefit and up the performance of their entire system substantially for CD/SACD playback
by taking in any of these units. My 2 cents...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing