My name is Bond, James Bond

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
There is the one and only Sean Connery. If only he had today's special effects.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Nuff shown

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Well I guess I'll weigh in again while waiting for a Pats pre season game to start.

Sean had to be made by Terence Young to play Bond. He was quite the unsophisticated bloke in his early days. Getting that suave ruthless balance was a lot of work.
Craig OTOH was essentially playing heavies that ruthless component came pretty easily. He also carried himself quite well so suave wasn't much of a stretch. Craig certainly has the right balance of suave and ruthlessness.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I like what you've just said Ron; it rings right. And today we also have evolved. ...From Sean, George, Roger, Timothy, Pierce, and now with Daniel.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Well I guess I'll weigh in again while waiting for a Pats pre season game to start.

Sean had to be made by Terence Young to play Bond. He was quite the unsophisticated bloke in his early days. Getting that suave ruthless balance was a lot of work.
Craig OTOH was essentially playing heavies that ruthless component came pretty easily. He also carried himself quite well so suave wasn't much of a stretch. Craig certainly has the right balance of suave and ruthlessness.

PLeased to learn that bit about Sean COnnery. THis "suave" aspect permeates much of his later works.

As for Craig I couldn't agree more ... Best Bond so far IMO. Connery was good, Roger Moore cartoonish, Timothy Dalton too distant... Pierce Brosnan adequate... THe best remains Craig.

Reactions: GSOphile

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
It won't matter who is playing Bond if they don't get better script writers for future installments. Anyone can spend a third of the movie running or driving a car, it's the dialog that matters.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Peter, he was in only one, like by mistake. :b That's why I didn't bother to mention.

Perhaps, but it gave us Bambi and Thumper and it came out in 1969. Some of the dialog is fantastic, and who can forget the kilt? I visited that mountaintop restaurant in Switzerland when I was 16. The movie deserves a mention, if only with an asterix.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Perhaps, but it gave us Bambi and Thumper and it came out in 1969. Some of the dialog is fantastic, and who can forget the kilt? I visited that mountaintop restaurant in Switzerland when I was 16. The movie deserves a mention, if only with an asterix.

I always thought it was the best book in the series too.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Absolutely.

I always thought it was the best book in the series too.

Ok, George (1969) is certainly part of the James Bond's characters (and premises) ? http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...ond-James-Bond&p=464026&viewfull=1#post464026

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
That's quite a nice little nothing she’s almost wearing.

Reactions: christoph

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing