Telarc vinyl being reissued again (late 2016)?

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
I noticed this as I was browsing Acoustic Sounds yesterday and have to admit I got a bit excited. Perhaps not so much at the title of the release but the catalogue number. ATEL 00001. To me a number like that implies that more are to follow:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/117968/Sir_Charles_Mackerras-Tchaikovsky_Nutcracker-Vinyl_Record

As I say, I am not really interested in the title itself and I already have a great Speakers Corner Decca Ansermet version which performance wise and soundwise is pretty hard to beat.

But as we all know, there were great Telarcs made in the early digital era using the Soundstream gear and these were the ones successfully transferred to SACD some years back (I think this recording however was one of the later ones made on modified Sony PCM gear). But what I would love is for that same Soundstream catalogue to come out on vinyl.

So does anyone know about this (these?) reissues? It does seem a bit inexpensive for a double disk set but then again if sound wasn't a priority they could have just jammed into onto one LP. Not sure I will take the plunge if only because of the performance but I will certianly be interested to see if this is ongoing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing