Audio Tekne accessory experiences?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi, don't get to see much Audio Tekne around here. What are your experiences with their accessories, like line filters etc? The company is quite famous in Japan.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Hi, don't get to see much Audio Tekne around here. What are your experiences with their accessories, like line filters etc? The company is quite famous in Japan.

The only Audio Tekne products I've ever used are their IC's and SC's (speaker cables). In fact, since about 2004 and I still use their speaker cables today. I've also been having them cryo'ed since 2005, both the vapor method (single and double-cryo'ed) as well as the superior full immersion method.

Compared to the prices of some of their components, their cabling can be purchased for a song. A very musical cable for the money.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Since 1994 to 2.007 i had Audio tekne System with
Pre 8601,amp Yamato,push pull of 211 and mono with 300 B TM 8501,tm 8601,tm 9501,Passive preamp 9501,cable,filter 8905,cartridge mc 6310,and i had at home for 3 weeks to test pre 9501,amp mono 9502 and phono 8965
I had horn speaker 3 way,with woofer altec 416,mid Ale 4550 and tweeter 1710.Good speaker,mainly if you change network and triamp.
But i listen for 15 years with 8716 CB with supertweeter Be Yamamura,a tad 703 modified.
This speaker was very natural,transparent and naturally.No deep low,but very natural sound.

Amplifier are very very good,natural sound,less open and fast than Kondo,but little more natural.
Cable are very good for the cost,cannot use with transistor amp,and little dark with tube.
I was the first to buy from Audiotekne in Europe in 1993 and mr. Imai came in my home 4/5 times.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thanks - very interesting experience. When I was at Pietro's place I saw an Audio tekne amp, though I did not get to hear it.

There seems to be a 230v to 100v line filter that keeps cropping up for sale

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Audio Tekne problem is that you have to do a chain completly,you cannot use amAT with other preamp pr preamp AT with other amp.
Also power is from 8 watt to max 15 watt,and is better use At speaker,while you can use Kondo amp with every other preamp.
The carbon block that use Imai is useful sometimes under speakers or electronic to clean the sound but sometimes is no good,you have also to try.

The amp of Pietro is 110 V,sometimes the old distributors bought something from Imai second hand at 110 volt,so something arrives in italy.

We tested pre and amp top AT against Kondo M 10 and M 1000 with Souga,old Kegon,Ongaku,Kageki,Baransu,ecc,AT is more neutral and natural sound,Kondo is more open fast and more performance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing