trying to clear messages, seems to be broken, or maybe i'm just stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
anyone,

I got an email message that someone was trying to PM me but my message box was full. so I went to Private Massages and deleted my messages. both inbox and sent. but the 'look' of the interface looks different than I've seen it before and even after I deleted both inbox and sent multiple times I still show 170 messages, and at the top of my page it still shows 4 unanswered Private Messages.

what am I doing wrong?

see below.

Private.jpg

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
That's a very good question esp since it says those messages are from 1970. I would have to think there are no messages there Mike but I really don't know what that is or why it shows up

thanks Steve. hopefully you can figure it out.

maybe send me a test message and we will see what happens.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
rebooted. no change.

still showing 4 notifications at the in the top banner.

and the Private Messages still look the same.

rebooting made no difference. it's WBF.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I also have this problem.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Mine has been that way just the same. All of messages prior to this year have been corrupted this way. Shame as I went looking for some contacts a couple of months ago and could not read their PMs. :(

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Mine is working fine, FWIW.

Tom

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Most of all my PMs have been deleted, and the last two pages and half look like Mike's pages...from January 1st, 1970 @ 12:00 AM
I have 110 PMs like that...empty from 1970. I deleted the oldest one to see what it would do...now I have 109.
It's like that all the oldest PMs have been deleted and replaced by empty PMs from 1970.

So me too I have several empty PMs from 1970. Mike is absolutely right here.
Check your last page of your PMs and I bet more members are going to see the same...1970.
Some' is definitely wrong.

Thx Mike for reporting it because before you posted it I wasn't even aware of it.

P.S. I tried to post a picture/attachment but I cannot post any more attachments; my quota expired a while back. ...No biggie, except in very rare circumstances like this.
And I cannot share any pictures from my computer unless I transfer them into another photo program and then using a URL image address. ...I never bothered.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
In checking with our server host the glitch occurred several months ago when a back up had to be done which resulted in the problems you are all seeing if you had messages over one year old.

Inasmuch as there is nothing I can do I don't see what else there to talk about

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
thanks Steve.

as far as I can tell, the Private Massaging is working just fine. so except for archival issues we are good to go.

going forward should not be any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing