Tad d1000 cd/sacd/dac

standingwave

Feb 25, 2016
This nails it - the TAD is just superb as a single box CD player. I have ploughed money into digital and high res audio: nothing touches Redbood & SACD for the time being. I am sure that will change with time but probably not this year.

Well sort of but don't get me wrong.

I am extremely pleased with the TAD and it is certainly the best one box player I have heard (I had an Audio Aero La Source for a short period of time but this player was just an awful piece of unreliable junk). I actually hesitated with a Vivaldi Stack but it was an overkill as I am a vinyl guy first and I also wanted to reduce the size of my setup.

I have now embarked on computer audio and the TAD D600 does not support native DSD. I am not planning to rip my collection of CD's/SACD's but I am buying more and more high rez files (I have an Aurender). As such this is not a big deal as I am buying high rez PCM files from Qobuz and the TAD is a superb DAC for PCM files.

If I were today on the market for a one box DAC/player, DSD would be a must.

I am definitely sticking with the TAD and I highly recommend it.

bengal_finch

May 10, 2015
TAD D1000MK2 order placed 11th sept 2017.

i was planning to go for TAD D600, yup i don't care or need of DIGITAL GUI or the juice ( soft audio DATA) either. i love/addicted to spinning silver/GOLD disc. BUT when i found D600 has .045mil VOLT on XLR and .022 VOLT on RCA analog stage output i had to propound my venture on TAD D600 ONE BOX SACD/CD dream. my dealer convinced me enough to go for a quick shot on TAD D100MK2, as its their entry level gear there is nothing to lose. MY crazy nerdy young brother already hold a bet that the super performer in my rig the unbeatable SIM 650D with 820S will just fall apart in many tin mini pieces in front of TAD D1000Mk2. i am not convinced though.

WHY TAD?

i don't listen music to cars these days, but once i did a lot, suddenly my ALPINE 6 disc DVD Changer died ( yup i hate soft copy music i love cd) and asked my close buddy to buy me a replacement changer. Instead he sent me Pioneer Premier DEH P9 with XDV-P90. WTFLOWER when i listen i blown away to bay of Bengal directly. Insane accuracy of music with wow musicality. then i decide what's pioneer is doing in the high end market. i still remember those childhood days when prisoner rules the cassette and Laser disc player.

***THE REASON of this writings***

TAD asked on their owners manual to not take any ATTEMPT to change the supplied AC power cord, i LOVE my siltech RUBY mountain2 with fourth Fi50 option and love them crazy. Now feeling bit shaky. My respected big brother who owns Gryphon full rig with kalliope and mephisto with Maxx3 always warned me to tweaking on Stock AC power cord. He always insist on the stock as he believed these gears a tuned with he stock cord and by replacing them we are simply change the tuning of the components.

SOO? where we stands now?

ANY kind TADD1000mk2 users out there with AC power cord experience with tad. The Malaysian on the other hand giving demo of the D1000 And Da1000 with aftermarket acpower cord with the presence of TAD personal on the launching venue. http://av2day.com/2014/01/technical...ayer-and-tad-da1000-dac-launched-in-malaysia/

and the warning server on the owners manuel of TAD D1000MK2 on page No 15 which can be downloaded for free from tad web site.

will update when i received my unit. and how its sound against MBL 1621A, SIM 650D and Bricasti M1.

: ) i am excited.

sam1000

Sep 3, 2018
Is there a way to implement HT bypass on this unit? I have 3 sources, one of them is Digital Out from Trinnov Altitude-16. The input coming in from Trinnov is really low and I have to crank up the volume to max on D1000. If I change the source by mistake while the volume is maxed out, I would get into some serious trouble :) The sound quality is amazing on this unit though.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing