Everything you need to know about Touch Disease, the latest big iPhone flaw

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Mostly for Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus owners.

http://bgr.com/2016/08/26/iphone-touch-disease-iphone-6-plus-bendgate-how-to-fix/

_______

The video above is too reminiscent of all type of products from several companies; TVs, cars, laptops, tablets, etc., and from various manufacturers...Volkswagen, GMC, Microsoft, Tesla, Motorola, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, etc.

But here it's Apple (iPhone 6 & 6+). I also like how Apple employees respond. Plus, Apple's own forum section...with its mods.
The video is quite expletive; check it out...a good educational lesson.

Last edited:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yep, mine is affected by it. Already joined the class action suit!

But honestly, I just hope Apple deals with it properly, and I don't mean offering a replacement for $329.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
This to me seems to defeat Steve Jobs own philosophy about Apple products?
Is there something different since Steve's departure?
Apple has to pay $15 billion to Ireland.
Steve's wardrobe is to be put on auction.
After I watched the above video I wasn't impressed by Apple's employees and Apple's moderators on their own forum.

I'm not saying that Apple is bad because obviously they make better products than their competitors, and their investors reap the rewards.
_______

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has just been recalled because of an "explosive" battery! ? http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/02/technology/samsung-galaxy-note-7-recall/index.html

"South Korean high school teacher Park Soo-Jung said she had rushed to buy the new phone, pre-ordering and then activating it on Aug. 19, its official launch date.

The 34-year-old living in the port city of Busan said that she was bruised when she rushed out of bed after her phone burst into flames, filling her bedroom with smoke stinking of chemicals.

She's having second thoughts about buying another newly released device, especially after losing all her personal data stored in the destroyed Note 7, she said.

"If the exploded phone had burned near my head, I would not have been able to write this post," she said in a popular online forum Thursday, where she shared a photo of the scorched Note 7 and described dousing the flames."

________

I don't know why the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus were not using some glue for those two chips, like in their previous phones. Perhaps glue is expensive nowadays?
Anyway I hope that all of you guys win that class action lawsuit and have a new free replacement, with glue included.

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Apple don't make their own products. Their products are made by Foxconn.

And don't forget that Apple batteries explode, too:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/more-exploding-iphones/
http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-macbook-battery-exploded/ - "Apple is approaching its tenth year of exploding laptop batteries and might be fine with telling customers that its batteries bursting apart is "expected behavior."

Only difference is that Samsung is willing to do something about it (issue a recall to correct a fault caused by a third party supplier), and Apple's policy is to bury their head in the sand, deny there is a problem, and shift the blame to the user. OP's article is a case in point - other companies would probably do something about it. Issue a mea culpa perhaps. But not Apple. Good luck with your class action suit.

I would say that Apple obviously has better marketing than its competitors. Not so much better products.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Keith, you just read my mind in words.

Bottom line: Customer service with integrity. It's true that Samsung was quick to do a recall, and they know the high financial consequences, but safety for their customers first.
And I'd say the same to Apple customers: Good luck with your lawsuit.

Better products? I just don't know who exactly makes the best product overall...LG? ...I just thought that Apple was somewhere near the top...my brother seems to think so.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing