Stahltek

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Anybody got any info on Stahltek.
I read they had gone under.
Has anybody taken on the future servicing etc of their kit?
All very sad as I have read several great reports on their performance.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

I'd contact Jim Aud of Purist Audio Designs. he had some involvement with Stahl-Tek. Albert Porter likely would know what is going on too.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Yes Jim would know , Mike Stahl is his son in law . Last I heard was that they had a new DSD player in the works , pending some liscensing issues and that they would re open once it is ready to go . A very very good option at second hand prices !

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for all the responses.
Hopefully they'll pull through.
Used examples do come up for sale from time to time here in Europe and continued support would obviously make them a safer buy.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

That's a shame. Here's a picture of Stahl-Tek's Vekian transport and DAC on my custom rack in a Hong Kong distributor's showroom system.

Audio Exotics 2-shelf 1080.jpg

bernie0989

May 3, 2018
Stahl-Tek Opus CDT

Anyone know the picking up system for Opus CDT, any difference with Vekian? Did not see any info online.

George K

Jul 26, 2012
If anyone is interested I have on sale a great Vekian DAC in 230V version. Aeswome sound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing