Fosterling Elwood

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
This is Elwood - Brother to Felix and the runt of the litter who had a URI (upper respiratory infection) that kept returning when he was stressed - and he was stressed a bit - first the URI, then to a failed foster-to-adopt situation, and then back and forth with a store employee to keep him out of the shelter where he could have been euthanized (no space and sick kitten). Well, I have him now. He's super scared of hands - so who knows what he may have experienced in his short life. Meows for attention, then hisses, growls and strikes (his claws are clipped short) when I reach for him, but once he is in my arms and on my chest, he's purring and kneading and head-butting.

Here he is the second day I had him back and swaddled - still really scared. Look at those dilated eyes.
Elwood_Day1.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
After two days of supervised outings morning and evening, I've left him out. He hasn't received bed privileges from my two yet, not to say he didn't try. He hopped on last night - 3 times. Only to be hissed at. He finally gave up and went back to his hammock in the cage. Poor baby!

Elwood_Relaxed.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Day eleven - almost done with the antibiotics - no longer wheezing. Playing like a kitten should be playing aaaannnddd... ADOPTED! He is pre-adopted by the vet tech at the vet's that cared for him twice. Supposedly she's not stopped talking about him and her hubby finally said to her "So why haven't you brought him home yet?"

She will get him sometime this week. After he is done with the course of antibiotics. I am going to arrange for her to pick him up so she can see how "normal" he is in a stable situation as the stress of moving him might have him revert to growling/hissing/striking again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing