KR 242, Elrog 300, px4, px25, EML and KR 5u4g, and KR 274b

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Mine are also Jupiter bypass. Btw Al, the effect of caps in your speaker crossovers will be very different to effect in a dac. Current and voltage flowing through speaker crossover very different. Lukasz said so and he makes both

seatrope

Mar 9, 2017
Yeah my big 7 has been on Jupiter bypassed with silver small Duelund since 2014. Quite familiar with that sound. Wondering how the mundorfs sound different. Of course there's like 5 different Mundorf supreme types too, and the Evos.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Yeah my big 7 has been on Jupiter bypassed with silver small Duelund since 2014. Quite familiar with that sound. Wondering how the mundorfs sound different. Of course there's like 5 different Mundorf supreme types too, and the Evos.

I don't think the caps effect alone will be that much. If you like it, don't break it. The R2R, clock, and new DSD engine plus all those small tweaks they would have done
over the time period since you last bought your big 7 is what will make the difference

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Anyone here had problem with KRON px25 tubes? They are so expensive, but I got a pair for my Big7. One came with problem, less power than the other. I told Lampizator and they ship me a new one.
Last week a new fail, I just have now one tube working well.

Two out of three lost? For a 700 Euros tube?

My 101D PSVANE work fine for more than two years.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Anyone here had problem with KRON px25 tubes? They are so expensive, but I got a pair for my Big7. One came with problem, less power than the other. I told Lampizator and they ship me a new one.
Last week a new fail, I just have now one tube working well.

Two out of three lost? For a 700 Euros tube?

My 101D PSVANE work fine for more than two years.

Hi we have had three pairs between us, no issues. Also can be replaced fairly easily. There is a number on each tube, so if one fails, you should let KR know. I will PM you the details when I find them. Have to look.

All of us have many KR tubes, all have been fantastic. One 300b failed and was replaced

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Thank you.

Hi we have had three pairs between us, no issues. Also can be replaced fairly easily. There is a number on each tube, so if one fails, you should let KR know. I will PM you the details when I find them. Have to look.

All of us have many KR tubes, all have been fantastic. One 300b failed and was replaced

seatrope

Mar 9, 2017
Very interesting. Started to ask Lukasz about but but did some reading on selecting proper values of output coupling caps. Out of curiosity, Grant, what is the input impedance of the component immediately downstream of your Lampi?

Hi Seatrope, yup: was getting bored with my jupiter cast pio's that came in my B7 so I asked Lukasz what to try and I did... they're tremendous and sound it too: check this out : Mundorf Supreme Gold / Silver.. purposely NOT in oil ( said Lukasz) but check out the size ( and I'm writing this correctly): 4.7 uf each ... yes: 4.7! That's where the decimal is! They're tight but they fit.. what's the difference like? Airy natural spaciousness.. kick butt bass that's off the charts ... and beautiful effortless extension right through the roof.. In my mind it's now a no brainer for single ended B7's and I think the balanced designs can fit 4@2.2 uf each...Imho...excellent.

Al196363

Dec 10, 2023
PARIS
Hi everyone,

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I have to go through a translator... In advance, please apologize for mistakes and the like.

Having a first generation 4 and level 4 converter, in view of my retirement at the end of 2024, I am considering acquiring a Gold Gate 3.

With this in mind, I have read with great attention the various comments relating to tube choices for Lampizator converters and I have been surprised that the Sylvania 5931 rectifier tube has not been tried or mentioned...

Perhaps more hazardously, I read that an enthusiast had confirmation that he could use a KR 300B XLS tube instead of a 300B. In this hypothesis, wouldn't it be possible to install KR 842 VHD tubes, which on my Cary Audio CAD 301se amplifier are excellent?

Cordialement,

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing