PlayClassics TRT v2.0 master file giveaway for WBF members

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
We will be happy to share our music with all WBF members who would be willing to try the Truthful Recording Technology (calibration v2.0) sound on their systems. All we want in exchange is to get as much feedback as possible. It would be great if we could get your testimonials to include them on our web page.

The purpose of the Truthful Recording Technology is to achieve transparency (that would be to produce a facsimile image of the actual concert hall sound). To go about this, we developed a fixed setup. We only use two mics always placed on the same exact spot of our auditorium (outside of the stage area). We do not use any mixing or mastering. Our technology is all about calibrating the hall and the recording chain to be transparent. The better the calibration, the more transparent the setup will be.

This is the product of an 8 year research project. The project started in 2009. By April 1st 2013 we had finished working on the physical side of things (fixing the problems presented by the acoustic relationships between hall, stage and pickup point). We then spent the next four years working on the calibration of the recording chain. We worked on many different calibrations and developed methods to test and verify the results. By August 1st 2016 we had reached the transparency point.

I do not think this has ever been tried before (at least not to my knowledge). This type of project is not commercially viable (we did not know how long it was going to take or if we were ever going to be able to complete our project) so I can see why. The good thing is we did get there, and now that it is done it can be used to record basically anything always with the same results. From a large piano, to a flamenco guitar, a drum set or a rock band. I can think of many applications for this technology but right know we are just trying to let people know about it.

Here is a link to our page where we explain why we did this:
http://www.playclassics.com/about

And here is a link to our catalogue so you can choose your albums:
http://www.playclassics.com/catalogue

All our recordings are made exactly the same way. The same piano, with the same tuning, sitting on the same spot of the stage. The hall, the recording gear and the calibration are the same. In fact the only thing that is different would be the performer himself. So if you listen to two recordings of two different pianists you should get a sense of how those pianists use the same instrument to produce sound in a different way just like you would if you were to listen to those pianists in a real concert situation. This is actually an important part of this Truthful Recording Technology.

So we should all get two albums. The "Albéniz Iberia" by Luis Grané and one of the other three albums by Cabrera: "Cabrera plays Debussy", "Chopin Polish Songs" or "Songs of Paolo Tosti".

The Debussy Preludes by Enrique Bernaldo de Quirós was recorded before we finished building our physical setup. Calibration v2.0 cannot be applied to that album. That is why I have taken it out of the list.

Just post the albums of your choice and we will send you a Gift Code to download the full dynamic range 24bit 96kHz Truthful Masters.

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
Hi Diapason,

I just sent you a PM with the Gift Codes so you can download both albums.

After redeeming the Gift Code on the album's page you will be able to download any (or all) of these four formats:
- flac 24bit 96kHz (this is the master's copy)
- flac 24bit 48kHz
- flac 16bit 44.1kHz
- Lame mp3 variable bit rate

Diapason

Mar 26, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks so much. I may actually download a few different resolutions for my own interest. This is a comparison I don't get to make often.

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
Thanks so much. I may actually download a few different resolutions for my own interest. This is a comparison I don't get to make often.

Yes, you can use them to compare file formats.

All these files have been directly processed from the 24bit 96kHz master. The only different thing among these files is the format itself. That makes them good for file format comparison purposes :)

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Mario, I would also be very interested in the Debussy and Albéniz. I am excited about hearing it! I just got an Antipodes DX so it should be good to test it. =)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hi Mario,

Very thoughtful of you to make this offer! I'd like to take you up on it, and also download the Debussy and the Alberniz, if possible.

Thank you!
Alex

Sencha

Nov 11, 2013
U.K.
Hi Mario, The Albinez and Debussy for me too, I very much look forward to listening to your recordings. Good luck with your venture.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Hi Mario,
Just had a preview listen to some of the albums on your catalogue and I very much enjoyed both the performances and the selection. I was unfamiliar with some but enjoyed it all.

It would be great to be able to download the Albeniz and the Debussy recordings... I have a fair bit of piano music by both these composers but these performances sound very much worth enjoying and would be much appreciated.

Thank you for making this all possible. A great way to be introduced to your label.

Cheers
Graham

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I just want to share that it was a delight to listen to my two hi-res album selections.
The performances, sound quality, musical transportation are all of the first order.

Thanks a bunch Mario for the generous gift of classical music recordings of high caliber.
The artists are marvelous, their music transcending, and the capturing impeccable.

. . . . . . . . .

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Hi Mario - I'd appreciate getting codes to download v2.0 versions of "Albéniz Iberia" and "Cabrera plays Debussy". Thanks in advance for the opportunity and best regards!

- Bill

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Mario,

I got around to listening to both the Debussy and Albeniz last night. Both were great. The performances are great and so are the recordings. I would love to hear full orchestral performances recorded in this manner. I will continue to watch for new recordings on your site and after a few times listening I will write a bit more of an in depth review. Though, that probably won't happen until September.

Best regards,
Stephen

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! It is a real pleasure to be able to share this music with you all.

We have given out 22 codes so far: 10 for Albéniz Iberia, 10 for Cabrera plays Debussy, 1 for Songs of Paolo Tosti, 1 for Chopin Polish Songs.

Should you have any questions about the recordings, the web page, ...anything, please do ask, I will be happy to answer all your questions

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Greetings, Mario,

I would also be interested in Albeniz and Debussy, if available.
Thanks. :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing