Mercedes 2016 GT-S AMG Biturbo

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Mine is a diesel with a serious V6 engine .. The V12 performance is superior to the V8 by far. It pulls the G-Wagon to 60 under 5 secs... The Diesel is not shabby .. The issue is the car high center of gravity and its truly bad aerodynamics. Quick but ultimately not at ease with speed over 150 Km/h. As it would be expected with a body shape like that: View attachment 28545 View attachment 28546

The V12 does not, you're mistaken. The powerband is very narrow. And look at modern trucks, they have similar aerodynamics and weight yet way better gas mileage.

I pick up my car tomorrow after in for 3 day service and a $3K bill

Makes me ponder

You'd probably look pretty good in a GT-S...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
we'll mine is now going on 12 years old and although only 80,000 miles in the past year I have had to replace the ABC pump along with some other repairs. Right now I have a main transmission seal leak which although not bad is sufficient to have to repair it. The part is all of a $2 gasket or seal but in order to do the report they have to drop the entire transmission at a service cost of $1700

Bruce,are you suggesting the cabriolet is for the GT-R and not the GT-S as a cabriolet usually denotes a 4 seater

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Bruce,are you suggesting the cabriolet is for the GT-R and not the GT-S as a cabriolet usually denotes a 4 seater

I just know there is a separate designation for the roadster. It will not be GT-R or GT-S

I'm an active member over at the AMG Private Lounge. There are give-aways and discounts to events when you become a member. They also share inside factory info.

There have been a lot of problems and recalls with the Ed. 1 GT-S

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I pick up my car tomorrow after in for 3 day service and a $3K bill

Makes me ponder

Well, a new one is 125k-150k. 3k doesn't sound that bad :) Perhaps find a good MB mechanic and lose the dealer.

I love the GT now - even though initially I didn't embrace it. Its a head turner in LA which says something.

Steve Williams

I always take it to my dealer because not only do I get a free loaner but he always gives me a 25% discount as a loyal customer

FWIW Keith I love the car also. I would like to see the rear side windows able to be lowered. They don't move

I am also fascinated by a cabriolet as my only downside was lack of a convertible

Once again, this car has the same HP as my car which in 2006 had a sticker price of $156K

A loaded GT-S can be had for less and it drives rings around my car which also has 503 HP and a 5.5 litre engine while this car is a biturbo with a 4 liter engine and also puts out 503 hp

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I think you need a luxury coupe type benz with evil wicked performance tucked up it's sleeve .. comfort when calm and totally brutal when your right foot itched.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Even with your discount a non-dealer service of equal or better quality might cost less. Some luxury dealerships are known to charge very significant amounts, but the good ones make the experience arguably worth it at a premium (not theft that others are into).

For example some dealerships have charged as much as $800 for an oil change, a senseless figure. Only when it comes to excessively difficult non-automobiles does an oil change begin to make sense at that price or more.

Steve Williams

Even with your discount a non-dealer service of equal or better quality might cost less. Some luxury dealerships are known to charge very significant amounts, but the good ones make the experience arguably worth it at a premium (not theft that others are into).

For example some dealerships have charged as much as $800 for an oil change, a senseless figure. Only when it comes to excessively difficult non-automobiles does an oil change begin to make sense at that price or more.

I do have a private Mercedes mechanic but after the discount the prices are almost identical but without a free loaner.
Its all good guys.

Steve Williams

Well, a new one is 125k-150k. 3k doesn't sound that bad :) Perhaps find a good MB mechanic and lose the dealer.

I love the GT now - even though initially I didn't embrace it. Its a head turner in LA which says something.

FWIW Keith I also dig the green color but Bruce says that is for the track version

Steve Williams

Just got my car out of service after 3 days and I must admit that I still love driving it and it still has "huevos"

Im going to sit pat for a while and wait for the 2017 models but that GT-S AMG is tops on my radar however I only have 80,000 miles on my car which is 12 years old. If I do upgrade I feel a new SL is out of the running as I am not that wild about the newer body style, especially the rear hood. I feel the car has been over designed and has way too much bling. It reminds me of the Bat Mobie

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Just got my car out of service after 3 days and I must admit that I still love driving it and it still has "huevos"

Im going to sit pat for a while and wait for the 2017 models but that GT-S AMG is tops on my radar however I only have 80,000 miles on my car which is 12 years old. If I do upgrade I feel a new SL is out of the running as I am not that wild about the newer body style, especially the rear hood. I feel the car has been over designed and has way too much bling. It reminds me of the Bat Mobie

She's looking good Steve!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

View attachment 28655

View attachment 28656

View attachment 28657

what's not to like with an AMG SL55 ? Great looking car Steve.

Steve Williams

Frankly there's nothing not to like

I love the car.

It's a 2006 which just hit 80,000 miles. Never been smoked in and always garaged and well maintained but like anything mechanical things begin to wear out and need replacing. The last year has made me think but I was never serious until I drove the GT-S AMG biturbo. It's killer

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
still a beauty, doc.

I like the (lime) green as well on the GT-R- saw a similar color on a BMW M5 in a showroom and it looked special

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing