Mercedes 2016 GT-S AMG Biturbo

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
If you have not, please drive a 458 if you are going pre owned or a 488 if going new, it will change your world.

This from a 20 year Benz guy.
ferrari-458-italia-1306235474-42.jpg

2016-ferrari-488gtb-25-cars-worth-waiting-for-feature-car-and-driver-photo-657584-s-450x274.jpg

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
[video]http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/12/automobiles/autoreviews/review-ferrari-488-gtb.html?_r=0[/video]

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I don't hold that sort of brand loyalty when the brand doesn't reciprocate, but I'm willing to go a great measure for what I want even when it's not "correct" or such. As in I don't always go with what some would believe to be best, either.

Mercedes certainly made some of the most dependable long lasting vehicles ever known to man, in another time. I'm actually considering buying a restored 70's model at some point.

As a Mercedes owner , I have a love-hate relationship with the brand and believe they need to clean up their acts. Most models of their lineup have reliability issues. My G-Wagon is an amazing car capable of going where most SUV can't venture and do it with style :) ... They're not shabby either in term of performance. They are quick if not fast but .... darn!!!! ... the car is unreliable ... from time to time stupid little things that creep on its very functioning and a (expensive) trip to the dealer for repair ... We've become great friends ...:( ..He's a fine gentleman but ... meanwhile the Toyota Land Cruiser is as good and simply never breaks ... I still love the boxy G-Wagon :(.
So, I understand Steve but could well spring for another real SUV one of these days perhaps a Lexus GX 460 .. I will still keep the G-Wagon :D

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I love the G-Wagon look. The fuel mileage is abysmally bad however. And the V12 version is a total joke that has the same or slower 0-60 as the V8; I guess it's an old engine they plopped into the G. I'd like to see a diesel or something that makes it into a serious SUV.

I'd take this with a diesel from the era, please.

a87fed4e1a.jpg

17915065ac.jpg

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Mine is a diesel with a serious V6 engine .. The V12 performance is superior to the V8 by far. It pulls the G-Wagon to 60 under 5 secs... The Diesel is not shabby .. The issue is the car high center of gravity and its truly bad aerodynamics. Quick but ultimately not at ease with speed over 150 Km/h. As it would be expected with a body shape like that: lg_2014 Mercedes G Class 1.jpg lg_2014 Mercedes G Class 2.jpg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I consider the GT-S vs the GT-R the same as when years ago they had an SL and an SLC

There will be 4 versions.

GT which is base version
GT-S which is the optioned version
GT-C which is cabriolet
GT-R which is for the track and only available in Green!

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Steve,

From my perspective--Life is Short. Do what makes you smile and feel good. Like audio, high end cars defying financial logic, so go where the money is--pure fun.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing