Mercedes 2016 GT-S AMG Biturbo

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
there she is Doc - I didn't realize it was a matte green finish until I was up close in the flesh...

the tricked out G-Wagon in the back of the picture was also a highlight - doubt you nor I could even get in it :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Ring...POW!!

Ah, as mentioned above by Mr. B, it will be sub 3.0 when it arrives...also, the AMG GT R will be really magical when you are not flying in a straight line ~~~~~

Cheers!

...7:10.9...zzzooooommmmmm!!

IMG_0345.JPG

New rear-drive production car Nurburgring Nordschleife champion, Mercedes AMG GT R; in Steve's favorite Green "HELL!"

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Ah, as mentioned above by Mr. B, it will be sub 3.0 when it arrives...also, the AMG GT R will be really magical when you are not flying in a straight line ~~~~~

Cheers!

...7:10.9...zzzooooommmmmm!!

View attachment 30120

New rear-drive production car Nurburgring Nordschleife champion, Mercedes AMG GT R; in Steve's favorite Green "HELL!"

It is

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Frog...

My production date was moved up to March 2017 and went code red last week...I ended up opting out of the, as my niece called it, the "Frog," and went with Selinite Grey metallic for the exterior color.

Steve, I hope that Mercedes will allow you to order this nice shade of green as an available option for the GT C... a perfect ragtop SOCAL open-road experience !

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Just got back from the AMG Driving Academy at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin Texas. This is a first class operation, with catered breakfast and lunch. Prizes were given for fastest lap times and such. Also there was so much free stuff they gave away!!
During the morning, we were given about an hour of class room instruction and then off to each exercise. We were broken down to 6 drivers per instructor. We would switch drivers after 2-3 runs in each exercise. The Exercises in the morning were:

Evasive maneuvers (Drove CLA45) - We accelerated to 30 and then to 60mph. When we crossed the blue barrier, we were to stomp on the brakes and swerve to either left or right to avoid a hazzard. We did this several times with ESP on and OFF!!

Autocross (Drove CLA45) - this was a timed even where they set up a closed course with hairpin and sweeping curves about 1/2 mile in length. My quickest time was 31.9 seconds.

Skid Pad/Drifting (Drove SL63) - this is where they taught us how to recover from understeer and oversteer.

Lunch

Drag Race and Slalom - (Drove E63 and CLS63) just like it says. We had a christmas tree and at the end we would do emergency braking to see who was closest to the box. Leave the box and did a 7 cone slalom course.

Lead/Follow on the racetrack (Drove C63S) This was the part they taught us what line to choose in the curves and straightaway. We had cones set up when to brake and when to start the corner. We did this for an hour until everyone was comfortable.

Lead/Follow 2 (Drove the GT-S) This was when we applied what we learned at a slower speed. Top speed I hit was 146mph on the straight. This was a 3.2 mile racetrack with 2 long straightaways.

Here is a video of me in a Red GT-S passing another car on the front straight at over 140 !!

https://www.facebook.com/pugetsoundstudios/videos/10211014736541643/

At the end of the day, they had installed GoPro cameras inside the car and pointing out front. In about a week, I'll be able to download those to share what it feels like to drive on the track at a very fast pace!!

Definitely going to the Advanced Course at Laguna next April!!

Attachments

• IMG_2185.JPG
    IMG_2185.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG
    304.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2182.JPG
    IMG_2182.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2186.JPG
    IMG_2186.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Glad to see you're all healed up Bruce!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Bruce, you were there with a very good friend of mine and a former work mate. Glad you had a blast.

We just had our event right before the Benz crowd and me being the new kid on the block didn't get to go this year. They got to drive 488 GTB's and F12's and then the California T's on the skid pads.

Maybe next year.

2016-ferrari-488gtb-25-cars-worth-waiting-for-feature-car-and-driver-photo-657584-s-450x274.jpg
ferrari_f12_berlinetta_by_dangeruss-d5o00o1.jpg
photo_1.jpg

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Trinkets I brought home! Too bad it couldn't have been that SLS Black Series!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_2198.JPG
    IMG_2198.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 104

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Bruce, you were there with a very good friend of mine and a former work mate. Glad you had a blast.

We just had our event right before the Benz crowd and me being the new kid on the block didn't get to go this year. They got to drive 488 GTB's and F12's and then the California T's on the skid pads.

Maybe next year.

Holy Crap!! Now I bet THEY put on a show!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing