Best 10 min workout to boost energy?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Every once in a while, it so happens that I get up in the morning and I'm already exhausted. Somehow it always has to happen on the very day that I don't have time left to do anything except shower, shave, dress and go. Coffee and Energy Drinks just make me crash harder.

Any exercises recommended to get the blood flowing in 10 minutes or so?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Every once in a while, it so happens that I get up in the morning and I'm already exhausted. Somehow it always has to happen on the very day that I don't have time left to do anything except shower, shave, dress and go. Coffee and Energy Drinks just make me crash harder.

Any exercises recommended to get the blood flowing in 10 minutes or so?

Jack,

My wife attended some Tai-chi sessions a couple of years back and she taught me the 'inhale-exhale' method. Take a real deep breath and then slowly exhale, with emphasis on slowly. You can repeat this till your driver tells you it's time to leave. :) This problem happens to me too and the simple exercise seems to work fine.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
It depends on your current state of fitness and what your goals are for the morning workout.

One routine that many folks have positive comments for is:

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Regular-Guys-Workout-Planet/dp/1594740798

This beginning yoga workout can be modified to accommodate varying fitness levels, as well as adjusted for length of time.

If you're ready for some calesthenic work that can crank you up, I can help with that. Just let us know about your fitness level and how hard to you want to go.

Lee

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I use en elliptic fixed bike daily except for Wednesdays, usually on 20 minute programms mixing between cardiac and strenght laps between each day. If for some reason I have less than the pre-programmed 20 minutes laps, I just put additional resistance to the system and do 10 or 15 minutes.

Another option for me is to exercise 10 minutes in the morning and have another 10 or 15 minute session at night if I am in a rush any given day.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
@Phil, Why Bro I never figured you for a Mr. Miyagi type! :p Wax in........ Wax out. Does that work? The key really would be SLOWLY. I don't wanna get lightheaded. :)

@Lee, Interesting! The link led me to this http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Health-Best-Weight-Free-Workout/dp/1594862591/ref=pd_sim_b_3 looks right up my alley. I like isometric and boot camp type of exercises and pretty much hate weights. As for my fitness level, let me just say I won't be finishing any mini marathons anytime soon. Busted knees mean running has been out for 22 years now.

@flez, wish I had room for a bike or an elliptical :(

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
@Phil, Why Bro I never figured you for a Mr. Miyagi type! :p Wax in........ Wax out. Does that work? The key really would be SLOWLY. I don't wanna get lightheaded. :)

Hehe, my wife converted me to a 'younger' Mr. Miyagi, LOL. Yes, slow exhale but strong, deep inhale. I ideal place to do it would be in some eco park with lots of trees for clean air, but I guess a walk to your nearest park, and your 10 minutes is over. LOL With today's hectice hifi show starting, you better begin the drill early - LAMM in, LAMM out... Hehehe...Have a great show and hope to see you later for the Black Ops. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well you do look like a 5'11" Jet Lee ;)

Bring some of your favorite CDs Phil! The room was too small (and we were too lazy) to bring a turntable this year :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well you do look like a 5'11" Jet Lee ;)

Bring some of your favorite CDs Phil! The room was too small (and we were too lazy) to bring a turntable this year :)

Hehe...I wish I could fly like he does in those kung fu movies. LOL

Will do, looking forward to seeing you and Keith at the show later.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
Jack, when you wake up tired, you usually don't sleep deep enough. I'd say improving your quality of sleep will help. If I want to get a good, deep sleep, I refrain from caffeine late in the day and excercise lightly before going to bed.

I agree with Phil regarding breathing. Most of us tend to breathe shallow when not doing physical activities, so deep breathing is a good thing to do. Slowly, and deep - like all the way in, hold 1,2,3 all the way out. Another thing that worked for me before is having a hot looking girl massage my earlobe.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Warm up should be at least 10 minutes!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hey good point Ding!

Greg, I know right? That's the conundrum.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City

Actually I asked my Internist about it, and sad to report that from the weight control perspective, it is not that great to burn calories and so on, there are of course some other benefits but not aimed to the interest of the original post :).

Since thete are quite some medical doctors in WBF, it woulb be nice to learn more about it.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This is What's Best Forum and I would agree it definitely is the best way to burn off 35 calories!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing