Rockport Technologies Lyra

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I just ran into knowing there's another line speakers line coming up from Rockport. It sits between Arrakis and Altair price range. Last year, they introduced Cygnus and this year, Lyra. Apparently, some ultra high-end speakers manufacturers are going to aluminum castings race this lately. Would like to read fresh and updated reviews both on Cygnus and Lyra soon.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/heroics-in-maine/

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great stuff...thanks for posting. Will look forward to comments about this one.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Rockport has now added Lyra to their Products Section formally. Interestingly, Altair has now been removed...more to come presumably on Arrakis? Arrakis is basically 2 Altairs, one inverted and placed on top of the other...i wonder if we are going to see 2 Lyras, one placed on top of the other? Probably weigh 1100 lbs each speaker!

http://rockporttechnologies.com/lyra-01/

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
Thanks for the info LL21, it has been a little quiet on the Lyra front since its launch, let´s hope more reviews are on the way or that fellow forum members get a chance to listen to it and share some impressions.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Thanks for the info LL21, it has been a little quiet on the Lyra front since its launch, let´s hope more reviews are on the way or that fellow forum members get a chance to listen to it and share some impressions.

I think they are selling all they can make...so no reviews until paying clients are satisfied first...my dealer has heard them. A few dealers in the USA now have them on their floors...

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
I think they are selling all they can make...so no reviews until paying clients are satisfied first...my dealer has heard them. A few dealers in the USA now have them on their floors...

Still no news about how these sound, does anyone know if they will be shown in Munich?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Kinda hard to beat that review. I know a few that have heard the Lyra's. All say they are fantastic....

A Rockport dealer in Omaha, Nebraska has them in his home. A friend of mine listened to them there and was extremely impressed.

Ken

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kinda hard to beat that review. I know a few that have heard the Lyra's. All say they are fantastic....

I'm sure they are but I still think your Altairs are much better looking. I bet I could sit in your chair without music playing and still enjoy myself with sight alone.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012

I suppose they are fantastic as they should be in light of the rrp.

Would love to compare them to the Tidal Akira loudspeakers: undoubtedly a very interesting comparison between two top contenders.

Agree with Jack that I prefer the looks of your Altairs to the Lyra’s but I suppose in the end the sound quality is of (much) more importance. I am totally in love with the looks of the Tidal Akira loudspeakers and I consider them more beautiful than my LA’s from an esthetic point of view; however never doubted that the La Assoluta’s should be my ultimate choice (although the money involved gave me some sleepless nights in all honesty).

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I suppose they are fantastic as they should be in light of the rrp.

Would love to compare them to the Tidal Akira loudspeakers: undoubtedly a very interesting comparison between two top contenders.

Agree with Jack that I prefer the looks of your Altairs to the Lyra’s but I suppose in the end the sound quality is of (much) more importance. I am totally in love with the looks of the Tidal Akira loudspeakers and I consider them more beautiful than my LA’s from an esthetic point of view; however never doubted that the La Assoluta’s should be my ultimate choice (although the money involved gave me some sleepless nights in all honesty).

Oh for sure the sound is the most important thing. Sometime back I was reading a discussion online that was hilarious. One guy was so hard line that he was saying looks aren't important at all. The other guy, a South American simply retorted, "why? You have ugly wife?" Oh boy it continues to make me laugh to this day!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Oh for sure the sound is the most important thing. Sometime back I was reading a discussion online that was hilarious. One guy was so hard line that he was saying looks aren't important at all. The other guy, a South American simply retorted, "why? You have ugly wife?" Oh boy it continues to make me laugh to this day!

Can you believe that my wife allowed me to move the huge (and in my view not lovely looking) Genesis 1.1 loudspeakers into our house? After this move the Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers were a piece of cake (although not financialy, mind you). ??

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
I heard the Lyra with the Absolare integrated in Munich this year and it sounded fantastic. I think that R. Harley has the Absolare integrated under review with the Lyra so I am looking forward to what he thinks. But from what I heard in Munich the combo was sublime.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I'm sure they are but I still think your Altairs are much better looking. I bet I could sit in your chair without music playing and still enjoy myself with sight alone.

Thanks ! I have to agree with the look on the Altair's...

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Jfrech - any word on when Andy may turn his attention to the next generation of Altair?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Can you believe that my wife allowed me to move the huge (and in my view not lovely looking) Genesis 1.1 loudspeakers into our house? After this move the Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers were a piece of cake (although not financialy, mind you). ??

You know what they say, you gotta give to get :D

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Jfrech - any word on when Andy may turn his attention to the next generation of Altair?

Are you sure the Lyra does not effectively replace the Altair II?

I think the more interesting question is when will Andy meld an inverted Lyra to another Lyra and make the next generation of Arrakis?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Are you sure the Lyra does not effectively replace the Altair II?

I think the more interesting question is when will Andy meld an inverted Lyra to another Lyra and make the next generation of Arrakis?

+1

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

I wasn't aware he planned to replace the Altair...I'll ask my dealer. Appears the Cygnus and Lyra are the go forward models...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing