Dodged a bullet

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Great news and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sencha

Nov 11, 2013
U.K.
Rodney, am so glad you made it through. Hope your heart heals well and you take steps to improve its functioning when you feel better.

Best,

Sencha.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Rodney,...glad to hear you made it through all that; a close (audio-nut) friend in Chicago went through the exact same thing a few years ago and is still with us today. Had a serious heart/stroke-related scare myself 2 years ago November. Life and what's really important gets put into stark and vivid perspective very quickly. Take care of yourself, stick close to your doctor(s) and their direction and do whatever you need to do to heal, relax, change lifestyle and make sure you have plenty of more years to come.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Feel better soon Rodney , the music will help mend .

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Thanks all , got home today but don't really have the energy to check out thw hifi system.
I have decided to get rid of all my stuff that I no longer use but just "collect" , like a few cars , a lot of excess hifi stuff and so on.. to simplify as it were and pout it where it counts , family time , vacation , enjoyment..
All went real well.. had this not cropped up , undoubtedly I would have died in the next few months.. now I have , according to drs , at least a further 20 years on the ticker.. A relief as I am 57.. too young to just disappear. While I was in there I also had a few of my other systems checked as to working condition , mostly excellent.

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
Thanks all , got home today but don't really have the energy to check out thw hifi system.
I have decided to get rid of all my stuff that I no longer use but just "collect" , like a few cars , a lot of excess hifi stuff and so on.. to simplify as it were and pout it where it counts , family time , vacation , enjoyment..
All went real well.. had this not cropped up , undoubtedly I would have died in the next few months.. now I have , according to drs , at least a further 20 years on the ticker.. A relief as I am 57.. too young to just disappear. While I was in there I also had a few of my other systems checked as to working condition , mostly excellent.

A wise choice and happy to hear the good news.
All systems go !
Detlof

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Best wishes, Rodney, for a successful recovery!

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore

Welcome back!!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Glad to hear you're OK, Rodney. All the best with your recovery!

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Welcome to the zipper club

mcduman

Aug 9, 2014
glad you are ok and wishing a speedy recovery. such a life-changing experience. and when you dodge a bullet you are never the same person again the doctors say. either too risk-averse or a risk-taker you become. dodged a bullet myself back in 2003 and i would agree. either you will fill the house with all the super expensive equipment or sell everything and concentrate on the basics. family, friends etc.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing