Dodged a bullet

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
2 weeks ago had a massive heart attack.. resulting in an open heart quad bypass a few days later. Prognosis for me looks very good , I am out the hospital tommorow.
I feel like I have been hit by a truck tho .. and have to spend a month at home.
Im moving into my music room for the month , ground floor , upstairs to my bedrooms etc requires a 22 steps up a spiral staircase that is none tooo safe

Nothing about hifi came to mind as I was "dying"... mostly stuff like I hope my wife an kid do ok and find all my investments etc... if I had actually shuffled off this mortal coil.. my hifi would have been taken care of re sale and appraisal by a pal

In the interim , I got lucky , dodged a bullet and have a fresh restart... in celebration gonna get me that other Deviialet D premier I want .. to make a dual monoblock 500 watt system

Overalll, after all this ,my mindset has changed..call a spade a friggen shovel and avoid or chase away fools and bulldust artists without blinking an eye.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Wow. Glad you are ok mate.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Indeed Rodders ole chap;)+1 for a speedy recovery and many years to come:D

BruceD

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
2 weeks ago had a massive heart attack.. resulting in an open heart quad bypass a few days later. Prognosis for me looks very good , I am out the hospital tommorow.
I feel like I have been hit by a truck tho .. and have to spend a month at home.
Im moving into my music room for the month , ground floor , upstairs to my bedrooms etc requires a 22 steps up a spiral staircase that is none tooo safe

Nothing about hifi came to mind as I was "dying"... mostly stuff like I hope my wife an kid do ok and find all my investments etc... if I had actually shuffled off this mortal coil.. my hifi would have been taken care of re sale and appraisal by a pal

In the interim , I got lucky , dodged a bullet and have a fresh restart... in celebration gonna get me that other Deviialet D premier I want .. to make a dual monoblock 500 watt system

Overalll, after all this ,my mindset has changed..call a spade a friggen shovel and avoid or chase away fools and bulldust artists without blinking an eye.

Goodness gracious! Am I glad you are back in one piece.....trust me, it's events like these that make you thank your lucky stars, reflect on your life and prioritise on what makes you happy. I'm sure you will enjoy your music even more now.

Take care and once again, good to have you back!

Cheers

Sujay

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
ALLES VAN DIE BESTE, MASSELTOV, ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE AND THE 500 WATTS SOON TO COME,:
Detlof

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank God. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Enjoy those monos!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi Rodney
Glad you made it .. Please do take care of yourself.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
At times like these, we realize that all the money saved is useless. It can't come to medical help in the event of a bullet or a heart attack. So it is best spent earlier on hifi

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
wow!

glad to hear you have weathered that storm and are looking forward to getting better, Rodney.

take care of yourself and listen to the docs. many of us are at an age where our mortality is very real. the true value of every day becomes much clearer.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Speaking from experience, staying home doing absolutely nothing is actually a good thing. It's funny how events like this change your mindset on what is really important in life.
Here's to a speedy recovery!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Get well soon Rodney - wishing you a speedy recovery.

Remember your Devialet is waiting for an upgrade!:)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Good to hear you're ok! :)

I think death is something worth studying as we'll all experience it, 100% guaranteed... Buddhists are the most advanced as far as describing the process and what will happen, with lots of books on the subject. One fairly recent book is "Dying With Confidence" by Anyen Rinpoche:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dying+with+confidence&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Rodney. As you say you dodged the bullet. Hopefully you didn't get much heart muscle damage and now you have a cardiologist. With proper monitoring, exercise, diet and medication you should be able to avoid a life threatening event like that again. It's amazing how an event like this really focuses you on what's really important in life.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Very happy to hear you are recovering. Take it easy, relax and listen to all your favorite music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing