How can I contact Andrew Payor about Rockport services?

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
I sent Alya's tweeter driver to Mr. Andrew Payor's suggested address. Shame on France's distributor who neglected customer's services and I ended up having to find the way around myself. Not to mention he lied about tweeter having only tiny scratch and suggested me to skip repairing. I believed him and got a cracked ones with his foul remarks to scorn me instead, worst distributor I ever had.

Enough of ranting about poor distributor. I've been trying to get in touch with Rockport Technologies for about 2 months now. I mailed to him, asked Scanspeak's representative for updates, drop some voice messages in phone call, and even attended HiFi show in HK hoping to meet anyone from Rockport who can help but no one available.

I heard Andrew Payor is a nice guy and I'm hoping it's not for ill reason for him to avoid replying his customer for about 2 months now. It's just replacing the crack on top cover of tweeter driver which shouldn't take this long. Good thing I decided to order another unit in advance or I'll have to listen to only one side of Alya for months. :(

Regards,
Keetakawee

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
I sent Alya's tweeter driver to Mr. Andrew Payor's suggested address. Shame on France's distributor who neglected customer's services and I ended up having to find the way around myself. Not to mention he lied about tweeter having only tiny scratch and suggested me to skip repairing. I believed him and got a cracked ones with his foul remarks to scorn me instead, worst distributor I ever had.

Enough of ranting about poor distributor. I've been trying to get in touch with Rockport Technologies for about 2 months now. I mailed to him, asked Scanspeak's representative for updates, drop some voice messages in phone call, and even attended HiFi show in HK hoping to meet anyone from Rockport who can help but no one available.

I heard Andrew Payor is a nice guy and I'm hoping it's not for ill reason for him to avoid replying his customer for about 2 months now. It's just replacing the crack on top cover of tweeter driver which shouldn't take this long. Good thing I decided to order another unit in advance or I'll have to listen to only one side of Alya for months. :(

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hi,

Andy Payor is indeed a nice guy and very approachable imo. I do agree though that emails don't get answered. I would suggest that you call on their US number directly. Whenever I have called, the phone has been picked up by Andy himself. Unless, of course, he is on his summer vacation, which is quite possible.

Sorry to hear about your bad dealer experience!

Cheers

Sujay

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . Andy Payor is indeed a nice guy and very approachable imo.

. . .

Whenever I have called, the phone has been picked up by Andy himself. . . .

This has been my experience too.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I called Rockport, and a gentleman picked up...we began discussing the Rockport Arrakis, and at the END of the discussion, i asked for his name and he said, "Andy". I was shocked, and he said "we are down to earth people here." We began discussing the Arrakis again for another 20-30 minutes. Very, very approachable, incredibly knowledgeable and absolutely passionately determined to deliver the absolute best sound and service to every Rockport owner. Call him.

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
I have only good things to say about Andy Payor and Rockport. I had spoken to Andy before i purchased the Aviors. My experience is similar to Lloyd's. Andy took my call and patiently answered all my queries.
Give Andy a call
Pradeep

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Agree with everyone...try his phone # again...fantastic person and always helpful...

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
I tried calling him a few times with number from website. Always got not available. I made sure it's between 9AM-5PM and I also called him just now too. Any suggestion for good time to call him?

Regards,
Keetakawee

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
I tried calling him a few times with number from website. Always got not available. I made sure it's between 9AM-5PM and I also called him just now too. Any suggestion for good time to call him?

Regards,
Keetakawee

I called him at approx 330PM one day, he answered. Great guy. I had question about my Aviors.

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
Try calling Andy at 9AM Eastern standard time and again at 11AM. You will get him, a nice guy and always ready to help. One of the good guys in audio.

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
I tried calling him at 3-4PM for a few times before and also before posting this topic. No one ever picked up. I also got his mobile number recently, called him, hung up. I hope I'll have better luck tomorrow with 9-11AM time frame.

If anyone here have opportunity to reach out to Andy, please refer this thread to him. I'm sending tweeter driver for two months now.

Regards,
Keetakawee

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I tried calling him at 3-4PM for a few times before and also before posting this topic. No one ever picked up. I also got his mobile number recently, called him, hung up. I hope I'll have better luck tomorrow with 9-11AM time frame.

If anyone here have opportunity to reach out to Andy, please refer this thread to him. I'm sending tweeter driver for two months now.

Regards,
Keetakawee

My only guess is timing. He just launched a new speaker and has had dealers and press visiting...plus its the height of summer vacation season. It's a small company so not a staff around to help. I'm not apologizing for him, just saying try again a time or two. When you connect, I'm guessing he'll be gracious and highly helpful.

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
He finally received my call today. It looks like the vacation is longer than expected. He's really indeed a nice guy. Thank you everyone for your help. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
He finally received my call today. It looks like the vacation is longer than expected. He's really indeed a nice guy. Thank you everyone for your help. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

great news...and glad he was as nice as everyone has said (including me). Good luck.

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
I received tweeter now. I took 2 months dealing with 'Fusion Acoustic' distributor from France. I shouldn't have trusted in their suggestion and cancelled the deal if no detailed pictures provided. Small mark? It's a bump. Asking for pictures? We already packed it. Providing incorrect information? It's your own fault trying to save cost. WTF!

And another 2 months after shipping tweeter to Andy. He seem to have holidays and some urgent issues to deal with and compensated me with free return shipping. Still better than merchant who sold me speakers with zero service from their schemes. I guess I wasn't wrong to order a new unit in first and ship damaged ones back.

Regards,
Keetakawee

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Glad you got the speaker up and running. And it's great everyone loves Andy the speaker designer/receptionist.

In terms of customer support especially for a state of the art speaker designer/mfr, what does it take to leave a voice mail stating your on vacation and will be OOO for x weeks? Here's a crazy idea - an email address off your web site saying - I'm OOO, email response may be slow. Customer service 101...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing