Modern classical/electronica

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Not sure this is the right forum, but why not. A few of my forum friends know my keen interest in this area, but these artists are truly killer and making unique music (and well recorded). I've been toting them to audio shows this year as demo music and getting rave reviews, so hope you enjoy.

Nils Frahm "Spaces"

spaces.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL3BlDYWmRk

Olafur Arnauds "The Chopin Project"

chopin.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-1ESx99HcE

They have a multitude of albums, EPs, singles, etc. on Tidal. Both are on LateNightTales, more of a late night dj compilation series too (and each one is awesome).

Last edited:

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I quickly listened to Frahm above, found it OK, a bit simplistic.

I usually separate classical (even modern) from electronica as for me the first is not timbrally varied, whereas the second is infinite in possibilities, but if you're looking for people who span both areas, these can be interesting:

Craig Armstrong:

Synergy / Larry Fast:

Muse can also do some tracks melding both (with a bit of Rock thrown in sometimes).

And Jarre (but I consider him more Electronic than classical - actually he's in a league by himself more or less).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing