Solid state amps that emulate tube amps but don't try to copy them...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Congrats...that sounds like a great system. As a fellow Gryphon owner, it is nice to read about your comparisons with other amps with your speakers as well. As for best amp you've ever owned...same here. Enjoy and look forward to reading more about your system. Source? Cables? As Bonzo75 asks...is this the Antileon Signature? I have owned the original Antileon before upgrading to the Colosseum.

He moved up to the mephisto long time ago and ordered scintillas.

caesar

May 30, 2010
I know this is an old post but aside from my laughing at the posters comments, inquiring minds want to know .........what's wrong with Mac ??

Obviously, many have heard it and don't like the sonic signature.

Yet Marketing is a HUGE part of this hobby. Like any brand out there, the Mac brand appeals to many. Others don't even bother listening and reject outright because they don't like the brand for one reason or another. People choose a brand that reflects them, and for many Mac ain't it.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Symphonic Line Kraft should be on an auditioning short list for anyone looking for this type of sound. KILLS Pass Labs, luxman, etc. :)

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Obviously, many have heard it and don't like the sonic signature.

Yet Marketing is a HUGE part of this hobby. Like any brand out there, the Mac brand appeals to many. Others don't even bother listening and reject outright because they don't like the brand for one reason or another. People choose a brand that reflects them, and for many Mac ain't it.

..it is for me. I’ve owned the 601s for several years and love the sound. MAC owners are always accused of being nothing more than “lifestyle” buyers...not me. I purchased for the sonics, not the blue meters...call me crazy eh?

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Late to the thread but I would add Wells Audio Inamoratta to the list. Slightly warm without loss of detail, big sound and excellent bass control for $7k.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing