Absolare Integrated

Fidelity88

Jan 22, 2020
The Absolare Signature Integrated is one great integrated amplifier. May I ask how much you have purchased the unit for?

Thanks

Redwoodaudio

Aug 25, 2021
Hello again all...

I've been enjoying the Absolare Signature Integrated so much in the past 3 weeks I wanted to share my experience here. Overall, this component has given me my biggest performance upgrade of any component since I first indulged my audiophilia and bought my first tube amps and Klipsch speakers about 2 years ago.

I would say it's changed my listening significantly. I'm now listening to the performance as much as the song, meaning live recordings are a totally different experience now. The scale, spaciousness, clarity, and quietness of this integrated has been mind-blowing. Multiple friends of mine have used the same word to describe the sound now: "Transporting."

It has also obviated the need for a subwoofer by giving my Graham Audio LS5/5s all the power they need (and never knew they were missing).

I'm still using the Melos Neo-Tubes supplied by the original dealer, but have some others as well. Been rolling tubes primarily in the DAC and upgrading cables recently to bring the rest of the system up to the level of the Absolare.

Reactions: P-pan

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hello again all...

I've been enjoying the Absolare Signature Integrated so much in the past 3 weeks I wanted to share my experience here. Overall, this component has given me my biggest performance upgrade of any component since I first indulged my audiophilia and bought my first tube amps and Klipsch speakers about 2 years ago.

I would say it's changed my listening significantly. I'm now listening to the performance as much as the song, meaning live recordings are a totally different experience now. The scale, spaciousness, clarity, and quietness of this integrated has been mind-blowing. Multiple friends of mine have used the same word to describe the sound now: "Transporting."

It has also obviated the need for a subwoofer by giving my Graham Audio LS5/5s all the power they need (and never knew they were missing).

I'm still using the Melos Neo-Tubes supplied by the original dealer, but have some others as well. Been rolling tubes primarily in the DAC and upgrading cables recently to bring the rest of the system up to the level of the Absolare.
What klipsch speakers do you have?

Redwoodaudio

Aug 25, 2021

Troquio

Jan 10, 2022
Hello, I got an Absolare Integrated Amp, anyone has tried to connect one REL Sub to the Absolare?

Troquio

Jan 10, 2022
You can connect a Rel or two Rel subs to an Absolare integrated. Just follow the directions in the Rel manual for a non balanced amplifier. You connect to the speaker output terminals per the REL manual's instructions.
Thanks for your help. It means that it's better to connect two subs because if I connect to one channel I can not get all the audio information?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks for your help. It means that it's better to connect two subs because if I connect to one channel I can not get all the audio information?
You can use one sub and get Left and Right information. You connect the red cable to the right (red) positive sp. terminal. You connect the yellow cable to the Left (red) positive sp. terminal and the black cable to one of the negative (black) sp. terminals.

Two subs are usually ideal, but it depends on the room/system.

Troquio

Jan 10, 2022
You can use one sub and get Left and Right information. You connect the red cable to the right (red) positive sp. terminal. You connect the yellow cable to the Left (red) positive sp. terminal and the black cable to one of the negative (black) sp. terminals.

Thanks
Based on the owner's manual it appears that the negative speaker terminals on my Absolare Integrated amplifier do not reference to ground, which means maybe that it should be treated similar to a Class D amplifier when connecting a REL subwoofer's High Level cable. Sorry If I am taking your time for this.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks
Based on the owner's manual it appears that the negative speaker terminals on my Absolare Integrated amplifier do not reference to ground, which means maybe that it should be treated similar to a Class D amplifier when connecting a REL subwoofer's High Level cable. Sorry If I am taking your time for this.
I would talk to Kerem at Absolare,

Reactions: Hyperion

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

No, we can' t do it - I think that the Absolare Integrated speaker outputs are balanced. The subwoofer ground wire can be connected to a chassis screw or the outer part of an used RCA input.

But as you say for stereo we should use two subs. As I am moving a good friend first got one of my JLAudio F113 mk2. The day we tried the second one was a real improvement - more space , air, real 3D soundstage and depth. He surely got both!

Or people could simply read Jim Smith Tip 31 from Get Better Sound. It says it a lot better than me.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
No, we can' t do it - I think that the Absolare Integrated speaker outputs are balanced. The subwoofer ground wire can be connected to a chassis screw or the outer part of an used RCA input.

But as you say for stereo we should use two subs. As I am moving a good friend first got one of my JLAudio F113 mk2. The day we tried the second one was a real improvement - more space , air, real 3D soundstage and depth. He surely got both!

Or people could simply read Jim Smith Tip 31 from Get Better Sound. It says it a lot better than me.
Hi Micro,

1. Did you place each sub next to each speaker (which many people do)...or place the subs in 2 different locations around the room?
2. Presumably the majority of the benefit is having 2 different locations for bass...not having 2 subs so you can split bass signal L and R? (Isn't low bass not even stereo on a lot of albums?)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Please report back after you check with KEREM.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hi Micro,

1. Did you place each sub next to each speaker (which many people do)...or place the subs in 2 different locations around the room?
2. Presumably the majority of the benefit is having 2 different locations for bass...not having 2 subs so you can split bass signal L and R? (Isn't low bass not even stereo on a lot of albums?)

The subs were placed next to speakers, in a symmetrical way. See my PM.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Micro,

Please show me where the Absolare integrated or any of their amps are differential balanced amplifiers. Or do you just think that they are?

The manual says so. Since you have to read it to believe me :) I quote from it:

"Do not connect unbalanced subwoofer input terminals to speaker outputs! Absolare Integrated Amplifier has a balanced output stage. Neither of the speaker output terminals should be connected to ground. Doing so may permanently damage the amplifier. Please consult your dealer about correct subwoofer connection."

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
The manual says so. Since you have to read it to believe me :) I quote from it:

"Do not connect unbalanced subwoofer input terminals to speaker outputs! Absolare Integrated Amplifier has a balanced output stage. Neither of the speaker output terminals should be connected to ground. Doing so may permanently damage the amplifier. Please consult your dealer about correct subwoofer connection."
Thank you. I am very surprised as the inputs are rca unbalanced inputs or balanced/xlr inputs. If the balanced inputs are used there is a transformer that takes the xlr input to single ended.

The manual is what I do not have. Good you saw and new that. My apologies. I would have had to pay for the repair of his Absolare integrated.

Edit- I deleted my posts above as they were not accurate. Don't want to confuse anyone.

Life Vlad Lamm used to say to me RTFM.

Last edited:

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I have owned the Passion and the Signature version of the Absolare integrated. And SET amps as well. The Absolare does not sound as a SET amp because it "lacks" the limitations of a SET at the freq. extremes. The Absolare is very dynamic and does not roll off at the end of the spectrums. And, it can drive most real world speakers. A SET cannot.

The Absolare Integrated is a stunning amplifier and a must hear. IMO!

Would you please compare the Passion and the Signature?

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Thank you, Jep

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing