Absolare Integrated

butler

Mar 26, 2013
I recently heard that there are some upgrades in store for Absolare Integrated owners, no ideas on timelines but not too far off allegedly.

I understand there will be two options:

1) Upgrade of volume control to a new 96 step potentiometer (Absolare's best attenuator to date according to Kerem) and a digital display, this would involve replacement of the entire front fascia. A figure of approximately $3k has been mentioned. This includes a service of the entire unit. The units would need to be returned to an Absolare service centre.

2) Upgrade of the Absolare Integrated Signature to the new ALTIUS level. The upgrade cost is $12k which is the 20% percent less than the MSRP difference between Signature and ALTIUS models. Included in this upgrade is the new volume control and display (as above), and a new rear panel. In addition the ALTIUS model will see many other improvements to the internal electronics (new custom made capacitors etc) and the use of the new Echole Limited Edition solid-core wiring throughout. Kerem tells me that in testing the new Absolare Integrated ALTIUS is proving to be one of the best amplifiers they have ever heard.

Looks like we had better start saving LOL

In my opinion the first upgrade in a no-brainer really. If I have one criticism of the Absolare Integrated it is the volume control (I find the gain quite high between steps) and the lack of display. These are clearly usability issues and not related to sound quality at all. Naturally option 2 is very intriguing... ;)

Guillaume

Well now I’m feeling both elated and disconcerted at the same time. Elated because my new Signature arrives tomorrow (yeah!), disconcerted because I always wanted to have the `best’ product available…..and apparently that is not to be with the news of this update!!! Somebody please talk me down from the ledge(-:!

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Well now I’m feeling both elated and disconcerted at the same time. Elated because my new Signature arrives tomorrow (yeah!), disconcerted because I always wanted to have the `best’ product available…..and apparently that is not to be with the news of this update!!! Somebody please talk me down from the ledge(-:!

Make that always wanted FOR ONCE to have the best available. Retirement sort of precludes that such occurs often.......

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Hi guys, I’ve had the Signature home for a couple of weeks now. It survived Fed-Ex international transit and 3 days of poking & prodding by US Customs; major kudos to Absolare for the robust flight case it is shipped in! After much indecision covering weeks (and driving Kerem crazy), I opted for Nutella (dark brown) leather with ivory stitching, but asked Kerem for silver front knobs to lighten the look up a bit. The result is sweet with superb fit-and-finish, the silver knobs nicely matching the stitching and lettering. You owners out there were absolutely right on when commenting on this facet of ownership. In addition, a set of pre-owned Echole Signature speaker cables were sent along by Kerem to allow me a short audition, and all I can say is they will not be going back......:cool:

With maybe 70 hours on the clock so far, `robust' is the word that most comes to mind when trying to describe my time with this amp thus far……..from the aforementioned shipping container to the build quality to the absolute silence at power up to the sound performance, it just hits all the usual marks with aplomb. And, of corse, the superb customer service that appears to be the hallmark of Kerem and his team!

I’m Your Vehicle Baby, I’ll Take You Anywhere You Want To Go:

In terms of sound priorities, I’m a blues/rock guy first, closely followed by singer-songwriters with a fondness for female artists, and finally jazz. So not only do I like a sound that is fast and furious when called for, but also organic & transparent with all the recorded emotion & details openly expressed. This amp seems to have no weakness with regard to genre of music, it seems to just to it all with verisimilitude.

First thing that hit me was the bass coming out of this amp, lots of power, texture, speed and able to absolutely dig in and growl when required! Never thought I could get this sort of low end in my listening room and since I've always believed that music does not sound `right’ without that foundation, well, I’m a happy guy. The remaining frequencies are handled just as well, with wonderful tone, extension and dynamic freedom (soft to loud range is awesome), along with soundstaging that is spacious and natural.

This is as `live’ sounding as I’ve experienced at home, easily bettering my separate amp/preamp performance (Rowland/EAR). Note that my definition of live is not primarily concerned with whether or not the performance is faithful to the original event necessarily (not something we generally know anyway), but whether it sounds palpable to me in the sense of real flesh and blood performers rather than an imitation of such. In this regard, the Absolare helps illicit emotions similar to how I feel attending a live performance - not an easy thing to do - but the essence of the very thing I have always hoped for! Yes, very happy…….

I will say that approaching 30 hours or so the amp retreated into a little bit of a funk, not bad, but not quite as spectacular as initially. Part of the break-in process, according to Kerem it takes 150 or so hours to get to it’s best, can’t wait….already it is difficult to pull myself away.

Again I would like to acknowledge this thread’s Op, Guillaume as well as JP for describing this amp so beautifully early on, those comments aiding my evolving interest and eventual buying decision. This is the most expensive piece of audio equipment I’ve ever purchased by a good bit, and the ONLY piece that has caused me zero buyer’s remorse…….pride of ownership? You betcha!!

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Enjoy and thank you for the kind words.

This is a very, very special product and I can say that my search is over. End station.

JP

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats, Butler...great read...do post again if you have time after 150 hours.

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks JP and LL21, I do hope to be back with more observations after break-in. Now the search for an appropriate power cord begins........

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks JP and LL21, I do hope to be back with more observations after break-in. Now the search for an appropriate power cord begins........

Echole is apparently amazing...i know of a few major audiophiles who 'have it all'...and while they both used to use Purist Audio's reference cables (where we have traded listening notes in the past since I am a big fan myself), both moved to Echole's highest level power cables. Given your Absolare and love of the Echole speaker cable...i suppose it should at least be on the short list of options?

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Echole is apparently amazing...i know of a few major audiophiles who 'have it all'...and while they both used to use Purist Audio's reference cables (where we have traded listening notes in the past since I am a big fan myself), both moved to Echole's highest level power cables. Given your Absolare and love of the Echole speaker cable...i suppose it should at least be on the short list of options?

Yes the Echole cable is great and the amp is of course internally wired with it as well. Just may be beyond my means at the present since I'm retired and need to be somewhat prudent. We shall see, appreciate the input LL21. By the way, I see you have a Sablon PC listed in your system, any comments as to how that would work as a stop-gap?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes the Echole cable is great and the amp is of course internally wired with it as well. Just may be beyond my means at the present since I'm retired and need to be somewhat prudent. We shall see, appreciate the input LL21. By the way, I see you have a Sablon PC listed in your system, any comments as to how that would work as a stop-gap?

Sablon Audio? In a word...awesome. And mine is not any longer Mark's reference power cable. Personally, of the few cables that i have tried...hospital grade, stock, Purist Audio, Transparent (much older), and Mark's i would have to say that while my system is now voiced with Purist because i got most of them before discovering Mark's cables (and i tend not to trade equipment too often)...i would not be at all unhappy to trade out the uber-PAD cables for Marks, and might argue (if i did not have to recalibrate the whole system again)...that mark's are better and easily worth the trade (particularly given that they cost far less). They really are that good. sensational detail and quiet came thru the system when i added a few of his into the system to try them, and i ended up keeping 2 where i needed them.

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Sablon Audio? In a word...awesome. And mine is not any longer Mark's reference power cable. Personally, of the few cables that i have tried...hospital grade, stock, Purist Audio, Transparent (much older), and Mark's i would have to say that while my system is now voiced with Purist because i got most of them before discovering Mark's cables (and i tend not to trade equipment too often)...i would not be at all unhappy to trade out the uber-PAD cables for Marks, and might argue (if i did not have to recalibrate the whole system again)...that mark's are better and easily worth the trade (particularly given that they cost far less). They really are that good. sensational detail and quiet came thru the system when i added a few of his into the system to try them, and i ended up keeping 2 where i needed them.

Excellent LL21, have heard great things about Sablon, thanks for the confirmation! That may be my next step, and won't break the bank too very badly!

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Hey JP, which Echole PC do you have, and do you have their interconnects as well?

Entry level :), Passion. At the moment I am using other IC and speaker cables, top of the line from Gutwire. I have not directly compared them to Echole. But I am sure that Echole is up there with these.

I am in the process of changing speakers and have enough on my plate at the moment...

JP

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Entry level :), Passion. At the moment I am using other IC and speaker cables, top of the line from Gutwire. I have not directly compared them to Echole. But I am sure that Echole is up there with these.

I am in the process of changing speakers and have enough on my plate at the moment...

JP

Thanks JP, certainly understand about having a lot on your plate.....interested to know/see your new speaks when you find the time to comment on them, sounds intriguing. At least no more worries about what will feed them?

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Thanks JP, certainly understand about having a lot on your plate.....interested to know/see your new speaks when you find the time to comment on them, sounds intriguing. At least no more worries about what will feed them???

The new speakers are the Kaiser Acoustics Kawero Classic.

JP

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The new speakers are the Kaiser Acoustics Kawero Classic.

JP

Look forward to hearing more about those...so much writing about them in Asia, but less in US/Europe.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Look forward to hearing more about those...so much writing about them in Asia, but less in US/Europe.

If you are ever in NY, Rhaposody (rsvinta) has the Kaisers. Probably still does. Right note in Bath had a model as well, don't know if they still do

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden

If you are ever in NY, Rhaposody (rsvinta) has the Kaisers. Probably still does. Right note in Bath had a model as well, don't know if they still do

We've got an Echole wired pair in Stockholm on permanent demonstration as well. You're all welcome :)

/ Marcus

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing