Absolare Integrated

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
I thought I would start a new thread to discuss this and share thoughts with other owners. Despite the very favourable feedback from Munich 2016 I haven't come across a dedicated thread for this, or indeed any detailed online reviews.

I have recently ordered an Absolare Signature Integrated which I will be setting up as a second system in my listening room. I have gone for the almond leather finish with black stitching. It did take me a while to settle on this as I kept changing my mind, something I tend to do quite a lot! I also chose the RCA analogue inputs version following Absolare's recommendation.

I am curious to hear what others are partnering it with in terms of DACs. Since my other system is a Devialet I will need to choose one.

I am sorely tempted by a Totaldac d1 dual or perhaps d1-six since I already own a d1 server, which has served me very well over the years (no pun intended!). However I am very open to other suggestions. I don't want to spend silly money so the totaldac is probably at the higher end of my available budget. :)

Cheers

Guillaume

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats...i have spoken with people who have auditioned the Absolare Integrated (original) and raved. Enjoy. The great thing about digital is that you have some seriously great options today that are (for some people) rivaling their TTs in terms of how much digital vs how much analog they are listening to on a daily basis. And it seems, not solely for the greater convenience of digital either.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
What would it be driving . Heard their SET amps drive the Rockport Altairs to great aplomb . Super harmonic structuring and tone , with sufficient control . Have not heard their integrated , but was told it seemed to run out of steam on dynamic crescendos driving the Altair last Munich show . A kinder load may the order of the day . Quite the departure from the Devialet sound .....

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
What would it be driving . Heard their SET amps drive the Rockport Altairs to great aplomb . Super harmonic structuring and tone , with sufficient control . Have not heard their integrated , but was told it seemed to run out of steam on dynamic crescendos driving the Altair last Munich show . A kinder load may the order of the day . Quite the departure from the Devialet sound .....

Well indeed, should make for an interesting comparison :)

It will be driving a pair of Sasha 2s.

Guillaume

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Congrats and good luck with the pairing . Look forward to your thoughts once hooked up .

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Thanks Jazz! Will do!

Guillaume

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought I would start a new thread to discuss this and share thoughts with other owners. Despite the very favourable feedback from Munich 2016 I haven't come across a dedicated thread for this, or indeed any detailed online reviews.

I have recently ordered an Absolare Signature Integrated which I will be setting up as a second system in my listening room. I have gone for the almond leather finish with black stitching. It did take me a while to settle on this as I kept changing my mind, something I tend to do quite a lot! I also chose the RCA analogue inputs version following Absolare's recommendation.

I am curious to hear what others are partnering it with in terms of DACs. Since my other system is a Devialet I will need to choose one.

I am sorely tempted by a Totaldac d1 dual or perhaps d1-six since I already own a d1 server, which has served me very well over the years (no pun intended!). However I am very open to other suggestions. I don't want to spend silly money so the totaldac is probably at the higher end of my available budget. :)

Cheers

Guillaume

Lampi - try big 7, golden gate not required. Audition should be easy to arrange. The distro will send it to you. If you are anywhere in London you can try mine.

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
I have the Absolare integrated, Signature version. With rca. It is an outstanding amplifier, pure and simple. I have a APL dac and the new Verity Parsifal Anniversary. + Aurender streamer and a CEC Belt drive CD drive. I have never had better sound in my listening room and imo the Verity' s are also superb speakers.

The Absolare sounds very organic, open and musical. It is a lot of power and I must disagree regarding the sound in Munich this year. It drove the Rockports very well indeed and Kerems room got many BOS, from TAS among others. I visited this room several times and also spoke with Kerem. He was very happy with the sound, as he should be.

Good luck and enjoy!

Rgds
JP
Norway

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
This amplifier has also caught my eye and am looking to get my hands on one.
Hopefully that will happen in the next month or so.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
The Absolare Integrated is certainly SOTA and the most natural sounding amplifier I've experienced so far. It's also powerful enough to drive most speakers on the market without limitations.

The TotalDAC is certainly a very strong contender if you're able to stretch the budget. Based on the characteristics of TotalDAC being very organic and fluid in nature, I would strongly suggest you to look at the APL DACs as well ranging from approx. €10-40k.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more specific questions.

/ Marcus

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The Absolare Integrated is certainly SOTA and the most natural sounding amplifier I've experienced so far. It's also powerful enough to drive most speakers on the market without limitations.

The TotalDAC is certainly a very strong contender if you're able to stretch the budget. Based on the characteristics of TotalDAC being very organic and fluid in nature, I would strongly suggest you to look at the APL DACs as well ranging from approx. €10-40k.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more specific questions.

/ Marcus

Ignoring the price difference, how does it compare in absolute terms with the sound of the discrete preamplifier and mono amplifiers?

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Ignoring the price difference, how does it compare in absolute terms with the sound of the discrete preamplifier and mono amplifiers?

That's a good question. The simple answer is that the integrated hybrid gets surprisingly close in most setups compared to the stand alone preamp + SET monos from Absolare. If your speakers are hard to drive and/or if you like to play loud in a large room the power of the integrated would be more valuable compared to the added level of insight, finesse and musicality of the separates. Absolare also offers more powerful push pull monos for those who need more power btw.

/ Marcus

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
The Absolare Integrated is certainly SOTA and the most natural sounding amplifier I've experienced so far.

Thanks Marcus. That is quite an accolade.

I didn't know APL, I will check them out. Thanks for the tip.

Guillaume

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
This amplifier has also caught my eye and am looking to get my hands on one.
Hopefully that will happen in the next month or so.

Cool! Please keep us posted. :)

Guillaume

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Thanks Marcus. That is quite an accolade.

I didn't know APL, I will check them out. Thanks for the tip.

Guillaume

You're most welcome.

APL is a boutique manufacturer based in Bulgaria. The new DSD-MR DAC (not yet on their website) will challenge anything on the market on the highest level: https://belhifi.com/products/apl-hi-fi-dsd-m

The former DSD-M has been my personal reference since a year back.

/ Marcus

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
We have the Absolare Signature Integrated at our studio in Manhattan if anyone would like to hear it....it drives all of the Magico S series S1II, S3, S5II and S7's along with Kaiser Kawero Classics and Chiaras and Ubiq Model ONE easily with "tube magic" with SS power.

Red.jpg

Last edited:

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Wow, stunning in red!

Guillaume

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Wow, stunning in red!

Guillaume

It's funny, I just remembered Marcus/Hyperion (Perfect- Sense) took that pic on a recent visit. Hi Marcus:)

Reactions: Hyperion

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing