New transparent gen 5 digital cables

pessoa00

Feb 25, 2015
Has transparent updated their line of digital cables (75 Ohm and 110 Ohm) to gen5? My dealer has a performance 75 Ohm and a premium 110 Ohm in stock and says the rest of the line is also available. I was trying to find more information on Transparent site, but couldn't find any. Anyone knows what are the updates and where I could find more information?
Thanks

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Has transparent updated their line of digital cables (75 Ohm and 110 Ohm) to gen5? My dealer has a performance 75 Ohm and a premium 110 Ohm in stock and says the rest of the line is also available. I was trying to find more information on Transparent site, but couldn't find any. Anyone knows what are the updates and where I could find more information?
Thanks

They did update their digital cables about 2 years ago. I do not think they have the gen5 logo on them like the signal cables (just looked on my boxes for ref xl digital). As long as your dealer ordered his stock recently from Transparent you should be ok. Anything new you order will be the most recent version...

Transparent is also very good about answering emails or phone calls...great customer service if you reach out to them...

pessoa00

Feb 25, 2015
They did update their digital cables about 2 years ago. I do not think they have the gen5 logo on them like the signal cables (just looked on my boxes for ref xl digital). As long as your dealer ordered his stock recently from Transparent you should be ok. Anything new you order will be the most recent version...

Transparent is also very good about answering emails or phone calls...great customer service if you reach out to them...

Thanks. I got curious because some of the boxes on my dealer display (a Performance 75 Ohm, a premium 100 Ohm and others) had the Gen 5 casing. He lend me a Premium and a Ref 75 Ohm but neither had that casing. He told me those were previous versions (but no older than 1 year) and that if I liked them he could order the new Gen 5 versions.

I'll try to contact them and if I get any new I'll share it here.

pessoa00

Feb 25, 2015
Jfrech, you were right, I contacted Tranparent and they replied within an hour, pretty amazing. So the current generation listed on the website is part of the Gen 5. Here is the most relevant part of his reply:
"There were changes to the digital cable line-up, and introductions of new cables before the actual Gen 5 products were announced in 2015. They were soft releases that were announced later on. Here is how the digital cables changed:

High Performance Digital - was changed to Performance 75 ohm

Premium 75 ohm - was changed to High Performance 75 ohm

Premium 75 ohm (and AES) - was re-designed, and is an all new cable

Reference 75 ohm (and AES) - was re-designed

XL 75 ohm (and AES) - was introduced, and is an all new cable"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing