What are your favorite movie quotes of all time?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The Third Man.
Harry Lime - Orson Welles - contrasting Venice and Switzerland.
And what did the Swiss produce?
"cuckoo clocks"

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Mousehunt (1997):

Ernie: "He's Hitler with a tail. He's "The Omen" with whiskers. Even Nostradamus didn't see him coming!"
_________

Same movie (Catzilla):

Lars: Well, these are all kittens. We were hoping for an older cat, one with experience.
Maury, the Cat Care Society Owner: That's a switch. Most people like the cute little ones. Experience with what?
Ernie: Mouse-hunting.
Maury, the Cat Care Society Owner: Oh, all cats are good mousers.
Ernie: Yes, but you see, we have huge rats, the size of sumo wrestlers, and lots of 'em, so we really need a ferocious feline, preferably one with a history of mental illness. I'm talkin' one mean pussy.
Lars: Yeah! A vicious cat, difficult to love. You got any of those knocking around your cages?
Maury, the Cat Care Society Owner: Funny you should ask. I had given up hope of anyone wanting him. We were about to gas him again.
Lars, Ernie: "Again"?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com

want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh*t he is! Hallelujah! Holy $hit! Where’s the Tylenol?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh*t he is! Hallelujah! Holy $hit! Where’s the Tylenol?

What a laugh Bruce. That movie has been played at our house every year after Thanksgiving dinner since 1995 and every member of our family can recite virtually ever line in that moviel

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
ANY scene from Pulp Fiction!
I can one line that movie every day all day in real life activities.
This scene is NSFW but has three of my favorites.[video]https://youtu.be/rWOn1dFmFds[/video]

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

I'm sure there's countless more but off the top of my head I can't come up with any. I'm also restricting my choices to shorter ones.

Roy_L_Fuchs

Aug 1, 2016
Texas
Used Cars - Fitting for my first post
Roy L. Fuchs - I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs. You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC

Another one from that movie I couldn't find a clip of....."Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond."

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Hurtlocker

Colonel Reed: That's gotta be a record. What's the best way... to... to go about disarming one of these things?

Staff Sergeant William James: The way you don't die, sir.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Many from the good, the bad, and the ugly...

When you have to shoot shoot, don't talk.

There are two types of people in this world my friend...(those who believe in cables and those who don't)

=====

Yipeekaiai, mxxxxxfxxxxx

=====

Batman begins had some good dialogues, especially as they could reuse dialogues written in the first half for the second half...

=====

No fans of Guy Ritchie's Snatch and lock, stock, and two smoking barrels?

=====

I like all the ones from Godfather quoted above

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Any audiophile who has gone down the wrong path and realized it too late, can quote Marlon Brando from on the waterfront (or quote Robert De Niro in Raging Bull quoting Marlon Brando): I could have been a contender...instead of a bum, which is what I am

======

Many wall street quotes - money is everything, rest is conversation

Alec Baldwin: coffee is for closers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing