Audience Ar6TSS upgrade

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
I am interested to upgrade the hubble receptacles of the Audience power conditioner to Furutech GTX but cant send it to the company because of customs clearance and cost.What I want to know has anyone done this himself and if yes was it successful.And are the furutech receptacle the same size of the hubble.Thank you

Last edited:

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
I am interested to upgrade the hubble receptacles of the Audience power conditioner to Furutech GTX but cant send it to the company because of customs clearance and cost.What I want to know has anyone done this himself and if yes was it successful.And are the furutech receptacle the same size of the hubble.Thank you

I would do the AR6-TSSOX upgrade and you get the new Cardas receptacles with rhodium over copper duplexes and high level clamping, OCC (oxygen free continuous cast) copper wiring throughout, and gold over copper forks connecting the filter capacitors to the receptacles.

Ken

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I would do the AR6-TSSOX upgrade and you get the new Cardas receptacles with rhodium over copper duplexes and high level clamping, OCC (oxygen free continuous cast) copper wiring throughout, and gold over copper forks connecting the filter capacitors to the receptacles.
Ken

Amazing little box Ken! Installed it this week with their new SX power cord. Hardly has any time on it but what it's doing for me is pretty terrific. I was using an old Richard Gray unit for extra outlets to connect my Playback Designs CD player, which I hadn't listened to in over a year, my turntable power supply and a light.

I had taken out 4 Shunyata boxes a couple of years ago because I found I preferred my preamp and phono pre plugged directly into the wall outlets once I had a Torus wall panel installed.

I picked up up a new CD player a few weeks ago and didn't like the idea of plugging it into the Richard Gray box so I ordered the adept response AR6-TSSOX from Audience. For the hell of it I plugged the entire front end into it as soon as I got it figuring I'd try it and go back to only connecting the CD player to it but.....wow! I haven't even listened to a CD yet. What it has done for my vinyl has been incredible. Dead quiet, even more so than with the Torus only, with tons of air and clarity. Surprising to say the least.

Its supposed to take 200 hours to sound its best, it only has 34 on it right now.

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Amazing little box Ken! Installed it this week with their new SX power cord. Hardly has any time on it but what it's doing for me is pretty terrific. I was using an old Richard Gray unit for extra outlets to connect my Playback Designs CD player, which I hadn't listened to in over a year, my turntable power supply and a light.

I had taken out 4 Shunyata boxes a couple of years ago because I found I preferred my preamp and phono pre plugged directly into the wall outlets once I had a Torus wall panel installed.

I picked up up a new CD player a few weeks ago and didn't like the idea of plugging it into the Richard Gray box so I ordered the adept response AR6-TSSOX from Audience. For the hell of it I plugged the entire front end into it as soon as I got it figuring I'd try it and go back to only connecting the CD player to it but.....wow! I haven't even listened to a CD yet. What it has done for my vinyl has been incredible. Dead quiet, even more so than with the Torus only, with tons of air and clarity. Surprising to say the least.

Its supposed to take 200 hours to sound its best, it only has 34 on it right now.

Hi Frank,

Yes, the Audience AR6-TSSOX is a very fine power conditioner. I plug everything into it except my Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps. They have their own power conditioning and sound best plugged straight into the wall. The AR6-TSSOX does a terrific job of filtering noise and really cleans up and smooths out the treble and upper midrange. I'm using the AU24SE power cords. I haven't tried their new ones. They are very flexible, easy to dress and sound outstanding.

Best,
Ken

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing