Human Model 8841 Speakers....Best Kept Secret on the Market ?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Parts and design look very 1990's.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
They also had their roots in "Genesis" loudspeakers - Genesis Physics which closed down in 1987. We still get calls for parts, which we usually redirect to Human Speakers. From what I've heard from owners of the original Genesis Physics "my speakers still blow away modern designs and I want to keep them running".

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
They also had their roots in "Genesis" loudspeakers - Genesis Physics which closed down in 1987. We still get calls for parts, which we usually redirect to Human Speakers. From what I've heard from owners of the original Genesis Physics "my speakers still blow away modern designs and I want to keep them running".

How was Genesis Physics related to Genesis?

david

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
No relation - except for the name. They closed down in 1987, Arnie founded Genesis Technologies in 1991 and closed down in 2001. I started Genesis Advanced Technologies in 2002.
Thanks Gary, I enjoy audio history, it puts things in perspective.
david

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I use to have a pair of Genesis Physics Model 210's that I kept until a few years back when some of the drivers stopped working.:mad: If I knew about Human back then I would still be using my 210's today! These 210's are really good speakers!!:p

If one of the reviewers here would do a review on a pair of these Human Model 8841's...we all would find out just HOW GOOD Genesis Physics speakers really are too!:);)

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to add to it. I have a pair of mint Genesis Physics II's which have a 1" concave tweeter, 8" mid-bass driver, and a 10" passive radiator. I completely rebuilt the crossovers from scratch, upgraded the binding posts and plates as well. BTW, the caps and inductors used in each stock crossover were different even though the values were the same. They perform and sound every bit as good as my mint NHT 2.9's. In fact, in some ways, they sound better, especially with vocals and acoustic instruments. With that said, they can't quite keep up with my also mint Martin Logan SL3's, but aren't too behind either.

Here's a few pics for fun...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing