Spectral phono

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
It appears the phono exists as a final (what is really "final" with Spectral?) product and was allegedly demoed to dealers in 2015. The question is when will it ship, and likely, current backlog for the superb line of products has to clear first - but that's just a guess. It is said to be taking analog optimization to extremes, with perhaps dedicated separate mono and stereo boards, and all sorts of other goodies. Form factor is likely the same as the preamps. It would be good to see it ship next year, but it's anyone's guess.

rnr

Sep 9, 2014
we have been waiting so long, believe it when i see it. but told it does exist!!!

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Rumours where circulating about 2 years ago, but nothing showed up. It would be nice to finally see it come out, let’s just hope it’s worth the wait when it does show up.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks. I guess not much different than last year's shell

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I am more optimistic - I have a few more teeth to go

DaveSpectral

Aug 30, 2010
Near Chicago
Hey, wait a minute now! If they have been out of the Phono game for say 16 years now, wouldn’t that be only 24 years of phono design experience? :D Just kidding.
My DMC-6 Series II has a JAW DROPPING phono stage in it. I might sell my car and walk when that sucker comes out! I prefer the DMC-20 type of looks though.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The phono in the DMC-20 was also jaw dropping - this is why we are all so excited; we just hope to be alive when it's time to get one.

kotedo

Mar 31, 2020
I have a question regarding the 202 Phono Amplifier in my DMC-20. Is there a way to crank ip the volume of the phono stage?

Question 2: I have a Rega 6 with the Ania Pro. What do I need to jumper my phono board to? 100 Ohms or 10 Ohms.

Oh the confusion!

And lastely: The Spectral docs show that there should be theee levels of gain: low, medium and high. How do you achieve the highest level (goes together with question one, I guess)?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing