Rio 2016 Olympics - next Summer Olympic Games in Brazil

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Check this shot:

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
For me the surprise star of this Olympics is Great Britain; up to now #2 in golds (and likely to stay there) and a strong #3 in total medals.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Brazil is now officially on its way to the redeemed skies and stars of heaven...with that Gold victory against Germany...Men's Soccer.
There is no better way to move forward in stride in stripe and in pride...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For me the surprise star of this Olympics is Great Britain; up to now #2 in golds (and likely to stay there) and a strong #3 in total medals.

I agree but bear in mind that most of the Russian team was disqualified.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Brazil is now officially on its way to the redeemed skies and stars of heaven...with that Gold victory against Germany...Men's Soccer.
There is no better way to move forward in stride in stripe and in pride...

The World Cup >> Olympics for football. I don't like to see football in the Olympics.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The World Cup >> Olympics for football. I don't like to see football in the Olympics.

In Men's football winning an Olympic Gold means diddly....it's never meant anything and never will. Brazil is making a huge deal out of this as it's a sort of redemption. They were significantly embarrassed by the Germans in the last WC semis and by the Dutch in the Bronze Medal game. This Olympic Gold is an ego boost for the country and Neymar especially. In general Men's Olympic football is a watered down version of the Big 3....World Cup, Euro Cup and Copa America. It's not even close.

It's a different story for Woman's Football. The World Cup is the still THE prize, but the Olympics are a close second. Unlike Men's football, their rosters are comprised of the best players for both tournaments, because they are important to their game. As such, and IMO, the woman's game is a lot more exciting to watch.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Surfing is now an official Olympic sport! WTF? Someone explain the rationale behind this....please!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing