Rio 2016 Olympics - next Summer Olympic Games in Brazil

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The gymnastics, men's and women's, have just been a magnificent show of strength and agility.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
The volleyball has been a lot of fun to watch. That goes for both indoor and on the beach.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yes ? I'm a big volleyball's fan. 6 vs 6 & 2 vs 2 ...men and women.
_____

_____

I am so into the Rio 2016 Olympics that I am learning way more than what I bargain for...all for the very best.
Some family members and friends are into it too, but to a lesser extent...much lesser, and with their own preferred Olympic disciplines.

Tomorrow is Athletics day: http://www.bing.com/search?q=rio+ga...=-1&sk=&cvid=8A38A364E9EF492BB600DD621EE44B57 ? Click on the arrow > after today's date.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I watched more diving competitions recently, like this morning, and you cannot see the divers under water. I am not used to that so it feels very "murky green" strange. It is less than attractive, it borders on annoying and laughable. And I can sense it too in the diver's mind...just looking @ their eyes and body language when resurfacing and taking a quick shower.

Today we finally know the mistake made: http://in.reuters.com/article/us-olympics-rio-diving-pool-idINKCN10O0UU

Yeah, sync swimming you need to see underwater. Water is usually transparent and let you see "clearly/transparently" the bottom of the swimming pool...blue.
...One of the disappointing mistakes @ Rio.
_____

On another note:

_____

And couple dramatic injuries:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics...-final-live-rio-2016-world-record-holder-see/

I saw it Live;
it's like watching the biggest show on Earth with an exciting opening, a super short film (best in slow mo), and an extremely long lasting glorious end.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Our time now.

Welcome to JamRock!
Looking to sweep the short sprints and collect a few more medals.

To di wirl!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes indeed:

"D’Agostino had to be carted off in a wheelchair after finishing about two minutes behind the winner of the heat, rendering her ineligible for the final. But her finish allowed her to protest her result and the appeal was granted, allowing the American to compete Friday in the final if she is well enough. Hamblin, too, will advance to the final following a successful appeal."

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have only just begun to follow this thread as I haven't watched television in over 2 weeks so thanks for starting it Bob

One thing that I was truly impressed with were the quality and message of the commercials that NBC plays. They are all world class and some will bring a lump to your throats

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Yes, the Jamaican defending world Champ from last year crashed out in the trials and the US WR holder did the same in her trials. Field significantly weakened in the W 100mH.

Tiny Jamaica now has FOUR athletics gold medals at these games with more to come from Bolt and company!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing