Rio 2016 Olympics - next Summer Olympic Games in Brazil

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
? https://www.olympic.org/rio-2016
? https://www.olympic.org
? https://www.rio2016.com/en

Latest news ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...eutral-flag-at-the-olympics-branded-a-traitor

August 5-21 - 2016 ? Less than 24 days to go.

- Golf is now part of the Summer Olympic Games. But over a dozen pro golfers have already declined, due mainly to their schedules, and other matters.
- Chess won't be part of the Games. ;)

I'm an ardent Summer Olympic Games watcher, and I like to read a lot about it too...the underground world: Finances, Drug Testing, Social Economy, Real Benefits and to Who, the Conditions, the Weather, the Facilities, the Athletes, ...everything about the Rio summer 2016 games in Brazil.

This is the thread for all of it, where the entire world is participating and competing, all countries (almost), all colors, all type, all physiques, all athletes from all over. ...Fresh air, clean water, equality, fairness, ...all the good things on this planet. I'm a huge fan of all games, all fair games.
Share anything you like about the upcoming Rio summer games...just leave the politics behind...under control. :b

Check that link; the latest news...wow!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Luiz Felipe

Jan 30, 2014
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Hi North ! will you be here for the olympic games ? I live here, so will watch several competitions. if you be here, let me know if you need anything ! ;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks Luiz. I'll be checking some for sure, from further North. ;)

* I have read quite a bit about your town and its surroundings recently; in particular regarding those olympic summer games, some stories about all aspects of readiness, the people living there, the people visiting, the police, the economy, the government, the president, the vice-president, the projects, the investments, the beautiful vistas, the sandy white beaches, the blue ocean, the unique geography, the redeemer, the poor, the water pollution, the less poor, the security, the corruption, the need for better infrastructures, the need for cleaning the corruption, the need for money (those games should provide some, hopefully for the needy, not the greedy), the need to treat the sewage systems, to reclaim your rivers and the fishes, the hot samba, the hot Brazilian models, brief...part of our America down South. ...Our continental brothers and sisters, families.

It is an entire continent together that is its force and life animating us all in colors and in harmony. It's the people, and working all together towards the better future of the children living on our great continent. Hope the games bring the true spirit. Keep on sambaing. Dance is a force in itself, a surviving life force. Dance and music. It's that dance and that music and the paradise settings that should be the drive for its people from its people.

Yes, I'll be watching Rio summer games, the games that are part of Rio too. ...Like swimming, tennis, ping pong, volleyball, fast running, jumping, javelin, disc, soccer.

Luiz Felipe

Jan 30, 2014
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Nice ! Some times understand our culture is really challenging :)

When here, if you want to listen a nice Hi end system, just let me know.

Have a Great stay I will send you my cell phone by PM, if you need anything just let me know.

All the best
Luiz

Thanks Luiz. I'll be checking some for sure, from further North. ;)

* I have read quite a bit about your town and its surroundings recently; in particular regarding those olympic summer games, some stories about all aspects of readiness, the people living there, the people visiting, the police, the economy, the government, the president, the vice-president, the projects, the investments, the beautiful vistas, the sandy white beaches, the blue ocean, the unique geography, the redeemer, the poor, the water pollution, the less poor, the security, the corruption, the need for better infrastructures, the need for cleaning the corruption, the need for money (those games should provide some, hopefully for the needy, not the greedy), the need to treat the sewage systems, to reclaim your rivers and the fishes, the hot samba, the hot Brazilian models, brief...part of our America down South. ...Our continental brothers and sisters, families.

It is an entire continent together that is its force and life animating us all in colors and in harmony. It's the people, and working all together towards the better future of the children living on our great continent. Hope the games bring the true spirit. Keep on sambaing. Dance is a force in itself, a surviving life force. Dance and music. It's that dance and that music and the paradise settings that should be the drive for its people from its people.

Yes, I'll be watching Rio summer games, the games that are part of Rio too. ...Like swimming, tennis, ping pong, volleyball, fast running, jumping, javelin, disc, soccer.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hi Luiz,

I am not flying to Rio this year, so I'll have to schedule an audition for another time.
_______

I'll be watching the games though from here in Canada. ...Youtube.
I've heard that the games will be delayed by 24 hours...that seems rather strange.
Also, it seems that only the opening and closing ceremonies will be in 4K (UHD) from some sources.

I can't wait checking the best world athletes performing their chops/skills. I'm sure those will be the best games ever, and everyone will be happy and benefit from them. It's not few little incidents prior and other stuff that'll be putting a dent in them.

* Understanding the culture from our neighbor is to live with her. Only then we can fully understand her.
Canadian culture is also quite diversified, like Brazilians. We have snow, ice, but no high plateau with falls like the one in Venezuela, and no Tango from Argentina.

? In the spirit of Rio games; UP

...From the PIXAR Disney animation feature film...'Up' ? - a magnificent film @ the edge of Paradise Falls.
...Angel Falls ? ...

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I am spending time exploring Brazil and its surroundings...the entire South America and the neighborhood islands from Google map, and looking a some amazing places in 360°.
Venezuela is beautiful...Panama, Costa Rica, Argentina, Peru, Equador, the Amazonian jungle, river, Brazil, the entire South American coast...Atlantic and Pacific side.

I'm just so emancipated @ the magnificent beauty of the entire American continent.

? https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ve...7cd54dd3!8m2!3d8.667918!4d-66.2695313!6m1!1e1
_____

Only two days to go till the opening ceremonies in Rio. :cool:
I have a friend in Brazil, she lives in Sao Paulo.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/sports/olympics/rio-games-schedule.html?_r=0

I thought the opening ceremonies yesterday were pretty awesome. And I like the idea of each athlete impregnating a tree seedling...for reforestation. :cool:
That's 11,000 of them. I did that for almost 30 years, and in some good days one third of that.

I love Rio, I love the 2016 Summer Olympic Games. This is super highly charged emotional entertainment. ...Beats Batman v Superman ...very easily.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Agree with you, Bob, about the opening ceremony - the strong message on greening our planet was a good move, IMO. It's always interesting how all the kerfuffle about everything, but the actual sporting events builds before the start of the Olympics - which then immediately disappears once the first athletes start doing their stuff ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I am very active on the Rio 2016 summer Olympic games Frank. On everything related...way before the opening ceremonies about Brazil's art culture, sociology, geography, economy, beauty, music, dance, and all that jazz, including deforestation, pollution, corruption, poor vs rich, their neighbors... And of course the biggest carnival in the world, with the most astonishing costumes covering the supra beautiful women Brazilian models.

Also, one of my good friends is from Brazil, Sao Paulo...Kate, doctor and daughter of the most famous brain surgeon in Brazil. ...Japanese people; many people from Japan live in Brazil. There is so much diversity, so much richness in the terrains...plants, flowers, wildlife, mountains, Amazonian River, coastal beaches, colorful people...

This is the place where it's all happening right now on the planet, where all best world athletes are competing for a medal, for the glory and the fame and the money and the sportsmanship. ...To be the best in their disciplines.

I'm glue to the tube, with all the colors of our world. This is their time, their country, their people, their future. And we're all part of it.

I am extremely excited...can you tell? :b

Last edited:

Luiz Felipe

Jan 30, 2014
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hi Luiz, I also found this:

https://maplecroft.com/about/news/deforestation.html
http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-with-highest-deforestation-map.html

Last Updated on: March 4, 2016

Deforestation could wipe out or severely damage nearly 60% of the Amazon rainforest by 2030, says a new report from WWF.
________

On another note: http://www.bbc.com/sport/disability-sport/37002582

I let you decide on your own thoughts; mine are very clean and clear...it is the best decision.
And I'm surprised @ some of their defenses on blaming equally other athletes from other countries.

I mean, is this supposed to represent the athletes @ their best? I let you answer that one.

Back to the Rio games. :b

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I used to be an excellent swimmer and diver, still am. :b So I watched those disciplines with great enthusiasm; both men and women (sync diving).
But something I also certainly noticed from one day to the next is this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mpic-officials-don-t-know-changed-colour.html

Anyone else was going to return his UHD TV back to the TV store?
And if anyone has the right answer to this very strange phenomena, please share. Because of all the suppositions so far none seems to be the right one.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2873589/r...diving-pool-appears-to-be-filling-with-algae/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I watched Gymnastics, Beach Volleyball, Swimming, some Basketball (Women), I check the news.
Everyday some' comes up, in all various colors; gold being the main goal.
Team USA is dominating strongly in that department, with China right behind.

Rank | Country | Gold | Silver | Bronze | Total

1 United States
11 11 10 32

2 China
10 6 9 25

3 Japan
6 1 11 18

4 Australia
5 3 6 14

_______

The Rio games are fascinating so far, including its weather, its locales, its residents, its athletes and its Olympic organisation.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/brazil-earns-mixed-scores-for-rio-games-1470934919

I hope everyone enjoy as much as I. There is a lot to soak in here, with the main priorities: Fun, Camaraderie, Respect, Preparation, Dedication, Organisation, Discipline, Courage, Gold, Determination, Encouragement, ...all that good sort of jazz.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing