Got the Technics...

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
1200 GAE (#226 of 1200), having a really good time with it. Rock solid build and operation. Have been out of the TT world for too long to provide a meaningful value comparison but sounds good to me so far w/a Dynavector XX2mkII cart and Klyne phono stage. Vinyl is back in the house.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Wow Steve, know you were very happy w/your Playback Designs -- you've entirely turned your back on bits.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Understood. And having been at the Chicago show and listening around, I don't know that you'd find anything meaningfully better DAC-wise at the moment than what you have. PDs new lower cost DAC was very impressive btw.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
welcome back to vinyl Bob. I haven't listened to anything else in the past year

Yes, we have noticed ... I often ask myself of the real causes behind it. A temporary move due to system evolution or a permanent option?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Looks beautiful.

How much did it cost and how did you get it? If you don't mind me asking.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Timestep-EVOke-tonearm-1.jpg

just out & they are modding them already
SME IV & External PSU

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Looks beautiful.

How much did it cost and how did you get it? If you don't mind me asking.

I paid just under list, no special deal. Reserved one in the winter. Of the 1200 made, I know the 300 allotted to Japan sold out immediately, and of the dealers I know of here, same story.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
View attachment 27912

just out & they are modding them already
SME IV & External PSU

Saw this somewhere else too -- paint hasn't even dried yet. While I'm sure that the tonearm might improve things, I'm a little skeptical, knee-jerk, on the PSU.

hifistan

Jul 14, 2016
I was a dealer for their good tables years ago and switched to belt and have never heard anything to make me switch back.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing