Audio Exotics Show 2016 - a show like no other

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
BruceD, today they are allowing you to bring your own music to play too.

That should be a lot of fun, as you get to hear different genre's and hopefully artists that you have never heard off before. The part I enjoy immensely.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
View attachment 27857 View attachment 27858 View attachment 27859

This was the top room - with Cessaro Carmen Speakers, Wadax Statement Phono trio and Atlantis Statement DAC, Vertere RG-1/Arm and Ultimate platform + Etsuro cartridge, Engstrom Monica Ref Pre + Super Ref ERIC power amp, Tripoint Emperor AC plus Ground, and Skogrand Beethoven Cables.

Amazing sound and knowing that this was set up in two days shames Munich's performance completely.

That's the kind of feedback I've seen a few times from people who have been to both.

However, Chris over at CA didn't think it was so.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi Neville

Is there a hifi show in the world you have not been to? ;) You really get around. Yes, I'm envious.

Great photo's. see you at the HK show in August?

cheers
Shane

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
my perspective is that even with the battery powered darTZeel preamp grounding makes a huge difference as I now use it with the Tripoint. OTOH I respect that many designers are not expecting any improvement. but as curious audiophiles we always have to investigate.

And I'm glad some did and shared their experience here, otherwise I'd never have investigated grounding in depth myself and would not have had heard the results I did.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Seems the Trinity suite was sans grounding . Apparently Dietmar does not feel that his gear benefits , having been well engineered . I can however attest thatthe Trinity pre amp , does indeed respond positively to the Tripoint Sig . AE is bleeding cutting edge alright .... With the clientele to keep the flame burning !!

You are right to assume that Dietmar (of Trinity) does not (really) believe in grounding (his equipment). And you are also right that Dietmar is (really) wrong on this. Grounding the Trinity equipment - in my case the dac and pc & drive in combination with the awesome Tripoint emperor ground - brings 'soul' into the musical presentation.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Hi Neville

Is there a hifi show in the world you have not been to? ;) You really get around. Yes, I'm envious.

Great photo's. see you at the HK show in August?

cheers
Shane

Ha ha ha, no not really. Thanks for the kind words mate.

I had the choice of visiting HK in August and getting into the rooms without having to stand in line, accompanying some audio gods.

But then this one came up as the kids wanted to go there too. So my eldest son (19) came along to the show too.

Look forward to your feedback on the show in August as Steve is there too.

But you never know, if the urge becomes unbearable I just could get there.;)

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
BruceD, today they are allowing you to bring your own music to play too.

That should be a lot of fun, as you get to hear different genre's and hopefully artists that you have never heard off before. The part I enjoy immensely.

OK N--- Don't rub it in!:(

The Pristine "Unadulterated Cleanness" --zero hash /noise per se---is astonishing the way PT /Mr Chik and crew bring it all together

I'm relating to the stupendous dB levels they achieve with out fatigue --it doesn't get louder, the sonics just go wider, deeper and more authoritative

They are the benchmark --in my book anyhow

BruceD

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I noticed that the new catridge Etsuro Urushi was used in AE show . Any opinion on this catridge ?

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
I noticed that the new catridge Etsuro Urushi was used in AE show . Any opinion on this catridge ?

Audioblazer, all I could say is that the tonality was spot on to my ears. Very natural and realistic flow of music. So much so that it did not draw attention at all to itself.
I noticed it had excellent micro detail retrieval.

On Hernando's Hideaway that they played, the different percussions played in the orchestra was so like the artist was there in the room.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Great reporting and photos, Neville! Thank you!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing