Pukalani, HI
Anyone tried these?

http://www.tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/EVS_Ground_Enhancers.html

Last edited:

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Looks suspiciously like the Audio Prism Ground Control, for which the designer provided this explanation:
There is a small triboelectric effect that helps to accumulate the electrons that jitter into these things. Causes more of the vacant orbits to become useful for the support of ever smaller signal events. The charge buildup between wire and dielectric additions are what needs to be charged.

The GC are there only for the back half of the wave form, what has already passed through the load and thereby becomes susceptible to all of the dielectrics and metal to metal contacts between your system and wherever lowest ground potential happens to be in your system. Thus GC acts as a very low RAC and RDC unterminated wave guide, with significant momentary storage and because of this provides signal with a choice of wave guides.

At least, this is the current postulate.
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126496&postcount=31

A number of ML Club members have purchased them and report positive effects in sighted evaluations. The explanation given above sounds like balderdash and I remain skeptical.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Ken, I particularly like this language from the linked website:

So, what are these things and how do they work? These Ground Enhancers are simply tuned pieces of wire that add a low impedance localized ground storage that enhance the sound in ways that are dumbfounding. Actually, no one really knows what they are doing, but this makes the most sense.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm highly skeptical as well about attaching something that looks like a kid's friendship bracelet to my binding posts making any difference at all. As always however, I must follow the code.....If I haven't heard it, I don't have an opinion :)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
it can't work .. It's priced at only $30.00 :cool:

andy_c

Sep 24, 2010
www.andyc.diy-audio-engineering.org
Looks suspiciously like the Audio Prism Ground Control...

Apparently Audio Prism is the company that originally came up with the green pen thing for CDs. They were at RMAF this year. The Stereophile report on that is here.

Jason Victor Serinus said:
I was delighted to discover that AudioPrism, originators of the infamous green pen (aka the AudioPrism CD Stoplight), is still in business.

LOL!

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Ultraaudio published their Audioprism Ground Control Cables review online today. Their conclusion:

There are many positive comments out there about AudioPrism’s Ground Controls, from reviewers and others who have already experienced them. My system, however, didn’t benefit from them, nor did a very different system. The Ground Controls indeed altered the sounds of both systems, but nothing I heard could be called a worthwhile improvement.
http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php...-cables&catid=37:full-length-reviews&Itemid=2

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing