Why do cables from the same manufacturer work as a system?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
In my system if there was one cable that made the biggest difference with the strike of a piano key and the air around acoustic instruments it is the digital cable. It impacts everything downstream and if you lose the information at the source (or right after the source) you can't get it back.

Good to know...in my case, Zanden has a custom i2s cable that goes between Transport and DAC. I had it before...but with new room, i think need a rebalance of the system a bit to get the key strike back.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Interesting. For what it's worth and this is just another subjective and system-dependent view, I recently auditioned a pair of the new TA Opus power cables. In short I didn't get on with them.

I had thought that given my system is pretty much TA loom throughout (Ref XL Gen 5 speaker cables, and Ref XL digital cables) that there might be a nice synergy thing.

Instead I lost a lot of bottom end poise (sorry not a great description but that is the best way I can think of describing it), despite the impression that the soundstage had opened up a little, an effect that wasn't unpleasant at first.

So I stayed with my trusted Entreq Atlantis mains cables, which just seemed calmer and better grounded (pun not intended!!) with much better textured bass. But it was the poise that really jumped out at me. I am yet to find a mains cable that comes close to it, mind you I haven't tried that many!

Guillaume

Interesting! i have heard good things about their power cables. And while i definitely did not hear the TA Opus PCs, my experience with lesser TA cables was similar to your description. Not as solid, tight...more fuzzy, loose...dont know why, but it was a good experiment to learn. And i stuck my old cables...in my case PAD.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Since you know Sablon, his specially done new cable for Audiophile Bill is very good. It held it's ground with the Tara Cobalt and we both preferred it to the Siltech Ruby double crown, which costs 18k or so

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Since you know Sablon, his specially done new cable for Audiophile Bill is very good. It held it's ground with the Tara Cobalt and we both preferred it to the Siltech Ruby double crown, which costs 18k or so

Interesting...is it much different than the Sablon Gran Corona Uber? I agree Sablon's PCs are fantastic, and i feel the same about his ICs which i have had in my system until only very recently. Phenomenal value for money.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Interesting...is it much different than the Sablon Gran Corona Uber? I agree Sablon's PCs are fantastic, and i feel the same about his ICs which i have had in my system until only very recently. Phenomenal value for money.

Think so, this is much better, there was a reserva after the Gran Corona, I am not sure, and this is a reserva special.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Think so, this is much better, there was a reserva after the Gran Corona, I am not sure, and this is a reserva special.

All my PC are Sablon Reserva. I love them. An all IC and SC are Schnerzinger. I feel sorry I had already bought the Schnerzinger before I knew Sablon. Maybe I would be very happy with them having a lot of money.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
All my PC are Sablon Reserva. I love them. An all IC and SC are Schnerzinger. I feel sorry I had already bought the Schnerzinger before I knew Sablon. Maybe I would be very happy with them having a lot of money.

You guys need to get the new Elite Reserva - it is quite a significant step up on the Gran Reserva. As Ked says, it beat out the Siltech Double Ruby with no probs and held its own with a Tara Cobalt.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing