Tad reference 1

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I'm almost certain that my R1 Mk2 came in a similar cardboard box several years ago. No issues at all, but I agree it was surprised with the packaging. M1s that these R1s replaced were in wood crates.
If you want the TAD Japan will use double packaging method for TAD R1TX, where the outside of the package is packed with another one (Tri-Wall).
you can also order wooden box for maximum safety.

TAD Japan carefuly listen to customers feedback and their philosophy is introducing perfect quality.

Reactions: Stef

HenryD

Aug 29, 2020
I doubt telling TAD will change anything. Ever since they discontinued the M1, which was truly magnificent 4-way, they only look for ways to cheapen the new replacement products (while raising their price).
I suspect that is one more step for better profitability.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I doubt telling TAD will change anything. Ever since they discontinued the M1, which was truly magnificent 4-way, they only look for ways to cheapen the new replacement products (while raising their price).
I suspect that is one more step for better profitability.
You may disagree me but I am sure if USA or Europe companies produce such a bragin like TAD R1 then the price tag will be more than €400k .
I have listened to many super expensive loudspeakers and i believe TAD performance/price is far better than all of them.

Reactions: standingwave

PGA

Dec 29, 2013
The big loss at TAD was when Andrew Jones moved on. I can only imagine where TAD would be if he was still there. Even though the R1 is a dated design, and perhaps not even as good as the M1, it’s still very competitive vis a vis everything else.

Flamenko

May 13, 2019
View attachment 88781

Sharing my recent experience where I had a chance to listen to von schweikert vr 9 SE Mk2 side by side with TAD CR-1TX.
VR9 SE mk2 is a pair of mighty speakers. However I was really surprised and amazed with CR1TX, the scale of presentation is really amazing and held up pretty well to the VR9. The R1TXs are blocked by VR9 :p
did the artesania damper on the cr1 stand really serve any purpose?

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
did the artesania damper on the cr1 stand really serve any purpose?
I am not sure. Next time I will loan from my dealer to try

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
You may disagree me but I am sure if USA or Europe companies produce such a bragin like TAD R1 then the price tag will be more than €400k .
I have listened to many super expensive loudspeakers and i believe TAD performance/price is far better than all of them.
It just an example of what the big boys can do when commit their resources to a project.

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
New amps and stands.
Nice amps to add to your gear collection!

You have now had the TAD R1TX's for a while. How would you say they compare to the original pre-TX ones?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
Nice amps to add to your gear collection!

You have now had the TAD R1TX's for a while. How would you say they compare to the original pre-TX ones?
Tbh it’s an unfair comparison that I truely can’t comment on. My system has changed so much since I had the Mk2’s.

Reactions: Amir

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
CH Precision boost to REF1’s. Highy recommended to reflect full capabilities and musicality of these excellent speakers and Lampizator Big7 Balanced. Surreal !
I am running the 10 series CH Precision on the TAD CR-1's, and I have found it to require a bit of system matching work to get them to sing. But with the right work, it is indeed singing magnificently now. The CHP gear is making me appreciate the TAD speakers more than ever!

Reactions: gian60 and ctydwn

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
Thanks for the advice however I won’t be updating electronics anytime soon if at all.
I’m more than happy with their performance.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
both Vitus MP-S201(500w/ch 8ohm) and CH Precision M10 (300w/ch 8ohm) Amplifier are my favorite amplifiers and you can use two monoblock (both channels) for one R1.

I always recommend listen to TAD M700/R1 beside Vitus/R1 and CH/R1

TAD M700 is very very very good for R1

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
I’ve used Krell kAS, gryphon antileon signature, Vitus SM-101, Nagra VPA and now Karan KA m2000.
The Karan are my favourite, as for the rest, the old Krell KAS from the 80’s blew them all away.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I’ve used Krell kAS, gryphon antileon signature, Vitus SM-101, Nagra VPA and now Karan KA m2000.
The Karan are my favourite, as for the rest, the old Krell KAS from the 80’s blew them all away.
Smokin
Listen to me
Remove any ac noise filter any fuse any breaker and directly connect ac panel to room .
Change you ac wiring from ac panel to your room with connecting two separate 10mm2 cable (line neutral , tad does not need earth wire).
Acrolink has good bulk cable and furutech has good outlet.
Replace all cd/pre/power with TAD D600/C600/M700 and listen to music. Skogrand cables are the best with TAD and skogrand outperform the even top of the line nordost odin .
You should connect all TAD system with correct AC polarity and let system break-in for 500 hours.

TAD needs bigger room and i think the best room size is 50-100 sqm

Reactions: Panas

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
Smokin
Listen to me
Remove any ac noise filter any fuse any breaker and directly connect ac panel to room .
Change you ac wiring from ac panel to your room with connecting two separate 10mm2 cable (line neutral , tad does not need earth wire).
Acrolink has good bulk cable and furutech has good outlet.
Replace all cd/pre/power with TAD D600/C600/M700 and listen to music. Skogrand cables are the best with TAD and skogrand outperform the even top of the line nordost odin .
You should connect all TAD system with correct AC polarity and let system break-in for 500 hours.

TAD needs bigger room and i think the best room size is 50-100 sqm
In my music room there are 13 dedicated 20a circuits using 6mm wire going directly to the house power box. All electronic equipment uses one
That’s enough for me, I’m not interested in anymore advice as I’m happy with the sound I have.

Reactions: Panas

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
In my music room there are 13 dedicated 20a circuits using 6mm wire going directly to the house power box. All electronic equipment uses one
That’s enough for me, I’m not interested in anymore advice as I’m happy with the sound I have.

You should keep the TADs :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing