Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Shunyata Delta PC, coming or not?

It is definitely best to try out the cable in your system before making a buying decision as there are so many variables involved. In my little experience testing the Alpha HC against the Sigma Analog, the Sigma was clearly the better cable powering my DAC and especially the Denali power conditioner. Not a day and night thing for me but it was noticeably better.

Thanks guys,

There is definitely an audition in the near future which I'll be exploring the possibilities for my system. BlueFox you have invested a lot of Sigma cords into your rig. I was wondering about something perhaps you can answer.

The retail price of the new Sigma NR's are double that of the new Alpha NR ($3k over $1.5k). Since there will no longer be a Digital, Analog or HC choice. What do you think accounts for that up tick in price? KPIP would cut down the time for an audition impressions. The new Sigma EF cable removes the filtering for $500 less. New Sigma NR's, like the current design, uses a 6 gauge VTX conductors which may not be continuous. Even the new Alpha NR's share the same aesthetics as the current Sigma but what element/s account for the price jump? Grant may share what he knows. Thanks for sharing your experience. Cheers

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! BlueFox's Avatar
    While I have no idea how Shunyata determines their prices, I have always felt their pricing was fair, especially considering the performance. I expect the Sigma to be a better cord than the Alpha, which would result in a higher price. I suspect the conductor, noise filter, DTCD response, and connectors to be better than the Alpha series. Plus they are hand made in the US, so all that together adds up to a higher price. If you look at Shunyata's history it appears each generation gets better performance at a similar, or lower price. No complaints from me, although I am not planning to buy anymore cables in the near future.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Cyclops v2 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Revelation Audio Passage Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Seems like the Delta NR is a great value, basically comparable to the current Alpha Digital/Analog line. Same wire gauge and a noise reduction circuit.

With the Axpona show this weekend I wonder if Shunyata will publicly show their new products.

[Technical Expert] [Industry Expert]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdp632 View Post
    With the Axpona show this weekend I wonder if Shunyata will publicly show their new products.
    Yes, Brandon Lauer and I are here and have some of the new products in the system and on display. We received our new parts this week and should be in a position to begin initial shipments sometime next week. The web-site updates on the new product lines will also be coming soon.

Regards,

Grant
    Grant Samuelsen
    Director, Marketing and Sales
    Shunyata Research

Quote Originally Posted by lydon View Post
    Thanks guys,

There is definitely an audition in the near future which I'll be exploring the possibilities for my system. BlueFox you have invested a lot of Sigma cords into your rig. I was wondering about something perhaps you can answer.

The retail price of the new Sigma NR's are double that of the new Alpha NR ($3k over $1.5k). Since there will no longer be a Digital, Analog or HC choice. What do you think accounts for that up tick in price? KPIP would cut down the time for an audition impressions. The new Sigma EF cable removes the filtering for $500 less. New Sigma NR's, like the current design, uses a 6 gauge VTX conductors which may not be continuous. Even the new Alpha NR's share the same aesthetics as the current Sigma but what element/s account for the price jump? Grant may share what he knows. Thanks for sharing your experience. Cheers
    My apologies for missing your question.

The Sigma models do require significantly more hand work in terms of termination at both ends given the massive wire size. Also, the quality of the conductors is higher than in the previous Sigma HC model, so even with amps we feel there is a small uptick in performance, though I don't encourage anyone switch from the SHC to the NR model.

We very purposefully keep all of our retail prices very close to what they _have to be_ considering parts, materials and hand labor costs. Its a significant market advantage of ours, as is Caelin's design prowess in creating our own solid-copper connectors, hollow-core VTX OFE conductors, KPIP (conditioning process) and his proprietary on-board noise filtering, which he's also improved. Whether you look at our power-distributors, power cords or signal cables, Caelin designs all of the parts and materials and owns seven-patents -and counting. All of that customization and exclusive parts manufacturing costs a good deal of money, which is why you see other companies using OEM parts or more common parts and materials.

The key question in my mind, is how do our products at their retail prices, compare with more expensive competitive designs, some costing $16,000 for a power cord, or $25,000 and up for speaker cables? We can explain why our products cost what they do. We provide detail regarding the science, patents and custom-made parts. When spending so much $ on any product, that should always be an expectation and at times, I don't see that with the cable industry. I'm proud of the way we conduct our business and think the value of our products hold up.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at grant@shunyata.com

Best regards,

Grant
    Grant Samuelsen
    Shunyata Research

Quote Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
    Yes, Brandon Lauer and I are here and have some of the new products in the system and on display. We received our new parts this week and should be in a position to begin initial shipments sometime next week. The web-site updates on the new product lines will also be coming soon.

Regards,

Grant
    Hi Grant,

Thanks. I saw a picture of the Sigma interconnect on another forum. However, it looked like some kind of "Box" on the cable. Is this some kind of new technology? Exclusive to the Sigma line?

Quote Originally Posted by Mdp632 View Post
    Hi Grant,

Thanks. I saw a picture of the Sigma interconnect on another forum. However, it looked like some kind of "Box" on the cable. Is this some kind of new technology? Exclusive to the Sigma line?
    Yes, Sigma only. The device is a Transverse Axial Polarizer (TAP), which has a patent-pending. A short excerpt from the patent application:

"TAP is a device that interacts with the EM field generated by the signal traveling along the signal cable.TAP improves the sonic performance of the cable by modifying the behavior of the electromagnetic wave that surrounds the signal cable."

The performance difference with and without the TAP applied is quite dramatic, so its worth a listen when they become available in a couple weeks.

There will be more published on our web-site within the next 10-14 days.

Best regards,

Grant
    Grant Samuelsen
    Shunyata Research

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456