Shunyata Delta PC, coming or not?

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
About a year ago, Shunyata posted a document that showed all of their power cords and their qualities: flexibility, best uses, performance, etc. In this document, there was a series of power cords above the Venom cords, and under the Alphas.

That series was the Delta. There was a Delta analog and a Delta digital. I asked questions about these cables. The document was removed and replaced with a new document without this series of power cables. I hypothesized that this series of cables was in development and would be eventually released.

A year later, no such cables have been released. Will there ever be a Delta series between the Venom and Alpha? There is a large price gap between the Venom Digital and Alpha Digital. The Delta series sounds great (for me). Has it been abandoned?

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
No, the Delta power cord will be coming sometime in early Fall. I don't want to get into cost, aesthetics or models because that's not been finalized but there will be a model between the Venom and Alpha ranges sometime late summer or Fall.

Best regards,

Grant

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
No, the Delta power cord will be coming sometime in early Fall. I don't want to get into cost, aesthetics or models because that's not been finalized but there will be a model between the Venom and Alpha ranges sometime late summer or Fall.

Best regards,

Grant

Thank you for the information Grant.

Indy

Dec 14, 2014

Best regards,

Grant

Is the Delta or another model between the Venom and Alpha ranges still coming? Is it possible to have a timeline of possible release dates?

Thank you Grant. Regards.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
From TAS Buyer Guide of Cable, it seems that there is a new series of power cable for Delta, Alpha and Sigma called NR (noise reduction). I do not know whether NR replaces digital, analog and HC. Furthermore, there is also Delta, Alpha and Sigma series of Interconnect and Speaker Cable coming out as well.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Yes, all manufacturer's who create their own parts and materials can face delays in production. There will be a Delta power cord. Its cost will be below $700 and we anticipate its release in the coming month or so. There will also be a range of Signal cables with the Delta, Alpha and Sigma designations. We anticipate these models soon, perhaps by CES.

Best regards,

Grant

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Yes, all manufacturer's who create their own parts and materials can face delays in production. There will be a Delta power cord. Its cost will be below $700 and we anticipate its release in the coming month or so. There will also be a range of Signal cables with the Delta, Alpha and Sigma designations. We anticipate these models soon, perhaps by CES.

Best regards,

Grant

Grant,

Thanks for sharing. I'm a Shunyata owner and personally think your products are world class. The various tiers and price to performance ratio are stellar. You company is also so Transparent to say in explaining the science behind your products.

I liked the Denali video series and found them informative. I hope we might see more informative videos on these forthcoming products as they are released.

I'm curious about these upcoming interconnects and speaker cables. Currently, I'm running your products via power but, hope to try and out and go with a full Shunyata loom in the future. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1.) Is this Delta PC a replacement for the Viper? If so, I assume this will be your entry level cord with Zitron technology? Can you share at this time any improvements over the Viper.

2.) Is Shunyata retiring the Analog, digital and HC versions of Alpha and Sigma? The TAS Buyer's Guide made it sound like there will be "one size fits all cable" for each line.

3.) Will these new interconnects and speaker cables just be "re badged" versions of the existing snake series? Or does the SIGMA perform higher than the Anaconda it replaces? If so, can you give us any small details of the techonology in these interconnects and speaker cables?

I'm looking forward to CES 2017 to hopefully read your official announcements.

Best Regards,
Mike

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
NEW POWER CABLE LINEUP:

There will be 3 tiers above the Venom Series cables.
Delta - Alpha - Sigma

All will feature VTX (hollow tube) conductors and CopperCONN connectors (pure copper contacts).
There will be two versions for each model. NR versions have built-in CCI noise filters that intercept noise from the connected component. EF versions are designed for "extreme flexibility" for easy routing in custom cabinets and for components that have obstructed power entry issues. EF versions do not contain noise reduction CCI filters.

NR - Noise Reduction models have been simplified so that separate digital, analog or HC versions are no lomger needed. Each model is designed for high current applications and the CCI filters have been redesigned so that they work well with all component types.

RE DELTA PC: The Delta cable will be priced at US$700. It has 10 gauge VTX conductors and includes our exclusive CopperCONN connectors. Yes, it is superior in performance compared to the Viper.

RE Alpha & Sigma PCs: The new versions of the Alpha and Sigma cables have minor performance and specification changes. The performance of both is quite similar to existing models. The cosmetics of the Alpha NR will be improved, more like the existing Sigma cable.

All of these reference level power cables will be conditioned through our KPIP Processor.

We will post a separate thread about the new signal cables soon.

Grant,

Thanks for sharing. I'm a Shunyata owner and personally think your products are world class. The various tiers and price to performance ratio are stellar. You company is also so Transparent to say in explaining the science behind your products.

I liked the Denali video series and found them informative. I hope we might see more informative videos on these forthcoming products as they are released.

I'm curious about these upcoming interconnects and speaker cables. Currently, I'm running your products via power but, hope to try and out and go with a full Shunyata loom in the future. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1.) Is this Delta PC a replacement for the Viper? If so, I assume this will be your entry level cord with Zitron technology? Can you share at this time any improvements over the Viper.

2.) Is Shunyata retiring the Analog, digital and HC versions of Alpha and Sigma? The TAS Buyer's Guide made it sound like there will be "one size fits all cable" for each line.

3.) Will these new interconnects and speaker cables just be "re badged" versions of the existing snake series? Or does the SIGMA perform higher than the Anaconda it replaces? If so, can you give us any small details of the techonology in these interconnects and speaker cables?

I'm looking forward to CES 2017 to hopefully read your official announcements.

Best Regards,
Mike

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
Thanks for the information Caelin and Grant!

The Delta NR power cord seems like a great value. From what I understand, it seems to have everything the former Zitron Cobra had (10awg conductors, Copperconn connectors) I am assuming it has Zitron technology? If so, it has all of that, plus NR and VTX conductors, at a lower price than the Zitron Cobra. I assume it should outperform the Cobra.

On paper at least, the Delta NR looks like the current Alpha series, plus the VTX conductors (and different noise reduction filters). Does the current Alpha line still have a noticeable performance difference over the Delta? I am judging all of this on the specs only. I know that specs don't replace actually listening to the product. There are also most likely other factors about the cables I don't know about.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Thanks for the information Caelin and Grant!

The Delta NR power cord seems like a great value. From what I understand, it seems to have everything the former Zitron Cobra had (10awg conductors, Copperconn connectors) I am assuming it has Zitron technology? If so, it has all of that, plus NR and VTX conductors, at a lower price than the Zitron Cobra. I assume it should outperform the Cobra.

On paper at least, the Delta NR looks like the current Alpha series, plus the VTX conductors (and different noise reduction filters). Does the current Alpha line still have a noticeable performance difference over the Delta? I am judging all of this on the specs only. I know that specs don't replace actually listening to the product. There are also most likely other factors about the cables I don't know about.

The DELTA NR and EF will be great performers and real values. They have a powerful, rich sound quality with great resolution and clarity without edge or harshness.

Kerkhoffd

Dec 12, 2016
Dear Caelin or Grant,

Last year I bought a Z-PC10 powercord for my Devialet 200. Last month I bought a second Devialet, so I will be needing a second powercord for that one now. Therefore, I am pretty interested in the new line-up you presented in this thread a few days ago. It does give me a few things to think about though:

1. How does a Z-PC10 compare to the new series. Where does it fit in?
2. Can a Z-PC10 be reterminated with the new IEC plugs (without sending them back to the US)?
3. What will the new Z-PC10 cost (in Europe)
3. When will it be available?

Kind regards,
Daan Paul van Kerkhoff
The Netherlands

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Dear Caelin or Grant,

Last year I bought a Z-PC10 powercord for my Devialet 200. Last month I bought a second Devialet, so I will be needing a second powercord for that one now. Therefore, I am pretty interested in the new line-up you presented in this thread a few days ago. It does give me a few things to think about though:

1. How does a Z-PC10 compare to the new series. Where does it fit in?
2. Can a Z-PC10 be reterminated with the new IEC plugs (without sending them back to the US)?
3. What will the new Z-PC10 cost (in Europe)
3. When will it be available?

Kind regards,
Daan Paul van Kerkhoff
The Netherlands

The Z-PC10 concept was originally created as a direct result of the Devialet. Several years ago I received the first Devialet to arrive in the US. The very tight clearance for the AC inlet and the Devialet top cover made it impossible to use a hgih peeformance power cord. So we created the Z-PC10 designed to be extremely flexible with a small IEC connector and have similar performance to the ALPHA power cable. The Z-PC10 has been very popular for use in custom cabinets where flexibility is paramount. It is also very helpful for use with components that have obstructed AC power inlets - many video projectors have shrouds that interfer with large diameter power connectors.

This concept will be carried forward and expanded upon in the upcomimg power cords. In the new line of cables these are called EF (extreme flexibility). We have developed a new IEC connector that is relatively small in size but has high performqnce features like pure copper contacts and the ability to use very large gauge wires (8 gauge). There will be three EF models: DELTA EF, ALPHA EF and SIGMA EF. The EF cables will be slightly less expensive than the equivalent NR cables since they do not include integrated noise reduction circuits.

I cannot give you prices since these cables have not been officially announced or released for sale. However, in keepimg with our pricing philosophy, the cables will be very competitively priced given their respective performance capabilities. Prices in countries other than North America vary according to distributor markups, shipping and customs fees and the dreaded VAT taxes.

We expect to have an official announcement in January. The only reason it is being talked about now is that a TAS article came out a month sooner than we thought it was scheduled to be published. Sorry about that.

Z-PC10 cables are not easily reterminated because we seal them internally with a potting compound that prevents oxidation of the conductors and contacts. If they require a retermination we usually have to cut the connector off and then reterminate it with a new connector.

Kerkhoffd

Dec 12, 2016
Thank you Caelin for replying so elaborately. I will be anticipating the release of the new powercords and looking forward to the release of the Denali too.

One question stil and just to be sure I understand correctly; you are leaving the path of fitting noise reduction to the EF powercords that the Z-PC10 analog and digital did have. Or am I misstaken and didn't these two models have that feature either?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Thank you Caelin for replying so elaborately. I will be anticipating the release of the new powercords and looking forward to the release of the Denali too.

One question stil and just to be sure I understand correctly; you are leaving the path of fitting noise reduction to the EF powercords that the Z-PC10 analog and digital did have. Or am I misstaken and didn't these two models have that feature either?

If you want noise reduction, select a NR model. For instance a DELTA NR.

If you have an obstructed AC inlet or need very high levels of flexibility - select the DELTA EF.

When you select an EF model, it comes with a smaller component AC connector that does not allow the inclusion of "noise reduction" circuits.

Kerkhoffd

Dec 12, 2016
I understand that is the way to go Caelin. Just curious if I am right that my current Z-PC10 does have NR integrated in the powercord, or that I am misstaken and it doesn't. It does have a single circuit in line that is specified analog or digital, so I thought that it had. Am I right?

My Z-PC10 is used with my Devialet, so I need the EF if I want to fit the cover. From your last post I understand correctly that the Z-PC10 is on par with the new Delta series, not the Alpha series? That is most interesting. I use my Alpha Digital on my source. Now a Linn Akurate DS but saving up for an Aurender N10 to replace it in the future.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
I understand that is the way to go Caelin. Just curious if I am right that my current Z-PC10 does have NR integrated in the powercord, or that I am misstaken and it doesn't. It does have a single circuit in line that is specified analog or digital, so I thought that it had. Am I right?

It depends on the version and model year of the specific cable that you have. The first generation of Z-PC10 did not have any noise reduction circuits. Later, there were two noise reduction versions: Analog and Digital. If there is no "Analog" or "Digital" designation on the label - then you have the non-NR version.

My Z-PC10 is used with my Devialet, so I need the EF if I want to fit the cover. From your last post I understand correctly that the Z-PC10 is on par with the new Delta series, not the Alpha series? That is most interesting. I use my Alpha Digital on my source. Now a Linn Akurate DS but saving up for an Aurender N10 to replace it in the future.

The existing Z-PC10 is nearest the performance of our existing ALPHA Analog or ALPHA Digital cables because it uses the same power conductors. It is not quite as good a performer because the smaller IEC component connector is not a CopperCONN and does not contain the pure copper contacts.

The performance of the new DELTA cable should be better than the existing Z-PC10 since the DELTA will be made from pure OFE C10100 copper in a VTX geometry. And the new cable will sport our new, compact CopperCONN IEC-C15/EF connector. We expect this power cable to be one of our most popular given its exceptional set of features and reasonable price point.

The new ALPHA EF cable will be substantially superior to the Z-PC10.

Kerkhoffd

Dec 12, 2016
Any news on the launch date of the new power cables? Been watching the CES news, but haven't seen any Shunyata news yet.

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
Any news on the launch date of the new power cables? Been watching the CES news, but haven't seen any Shunyata news yet.

I have been watching the main audio magazine/websites CES coverage, like Stereophile, Audiostream and TAS for news as well. None so far. CES is a huge event, and the people covering the event usually have little time to do real time updates during the event. Most of the news they pick up from CES, will be posted in the following week once CES is over.

I to look forward to getting more information on these new cables, and pictures!

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Hi Guys,

Yes, this is a hectic time of year for all of us in the audio-video business with the show and surrounding communications. I was unable to attend this year but it was a successful event from what I hear. Perhaps not the attendance from years past, but still very worthwhile as an opportunity to reconnect with everyone in the industry.

Sometime toward the end of this month, or early February we will be shipping a new single-model (versus the current 3-each model platform) range of Delta ($700), Alpha ($1500) and Sigma ($3000). Each of these power cord models has a broad-band noise filter within the IEC as well as massive gauge OFE (VTX) hollow core conductors and our best CopperConn connectors. The Alpha "NR" (Noise Reduction) model will look much the same as Sigma in terms of the customized ends and connectors.

The Triton v3 has had great early returns in terms of feedback and upgrade over the v2, but its the new Denali models that continues to surprise people based on their retail prices and performance. There is no best, or most consistent in any product category but in my 18 years working woith customers and dealers, Denali comes awfully close to a product I can recommend for evaluation with no reservation.

We will get photos, pricing and information up on our web-site as soon as we are ready to ship the new products. We will also be releasing Delta Signal Cables, Alpha and Sigma models within the next few weeks, so stay tuned. I'll update everyone as soon as we announce their official release.

Following is a pic of our new International Sales and Marketing Manager Brandon Lauer (right) and the irrepressible Richard Rogers, smirking-- with great friend and photo-bomber Bruce Jacobs from StillPoints in the background.

Best regards,

Grant

Attachments

• IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 745
Last edited:

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Hi Guys,

Yes, this is a hectic time of year for all of us in the audio-video business with the show and surrounding communications. I was unable to attend this year but it was a successful event from what I hear. Perhaps not the attendance from years past, but still very worthwhile as an opportunity to reconnect with everyone in the industry.

Sometime toward the end of this month, or early February we will be shipping a new single-model (versus the current 3-each model platform) range of Delta ($700), Alpha ($1500) and Sigma ($3000). Each of these power cord models has a broad-band noise filter within the IEC as well as massive gauge OFE (VTX) hollow core conductors and our best CopperConn connectors. The Alpha "NR" (Noise Reduction) model will look much the same as Sigma in terms of the customized ends and connectors.

The Triton v3 has had great early returns in terms of feedback and upgrade over the v2, but its the new Denali models that continues to surprise people based on their retail prices and performance. There is no best, or most consistent in any product category but in my 18 years working woith customers and dealers, Denali comes awfully close to a product I can recommend for evaluation with no reservation.

We will get photos, pricing and information up on our web-site as soon as we are ready to ship the new products. We will also be releasing Delta Signal Cables, Alpha and Sigma models within the next few weeks, so stay tuned. I'll update everyone as soon as we announce their official release.

Following is a pic of our new International Sales and Marketing Manager Brandon Lauer (right) and the irrepressible Richard Rogers, smirking-- with great friend and photo-bomber Bruce Jacobs from StillPoints in the background.

Best regards,

Grant

Grant ,

Thanks for sharing. Any pricing for the EF versions of those new power cables ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing