Raidho Acoustics Speakers, A In-Depth-Overview....

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I have heard that there are some issues with the Raidho tweeter. Is that a misconception

Steve...I have not heard of issues with the tweeters. BUT I heard they made some improvements to their latest tweeters...

Last edited:

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
I just heard what I believe was the D7 at the Melbourne hifi show - very well integrated and black background - quite impressive - the room was quite large which also helped - certainly no tweeter issues

Cheers
Phil

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I found it was too hard to tell since at Axpona it all sounded off. Yes the image a great size, spaced very well, but it sounded very... colored perhaps. Something was weird, like all of the sound had a wool to it, instead of being clean. It was still pretty impressive.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I wonder how much difference there really is vs ScanSonic... seems like a 2-tiered marketing approach where the products don't really have to be any different...

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I wonder how much difference there really is vs ScanSonic... seems like a 2-tiered marketing approach where the products don't really have to be any different...

Some say the difference is not that much! Some say the Scansonic MB-3.5's are one of the best under 20K! And the top of the line Scansonic MB-6's are one of the best under 80K!!

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
If I had some Scansonic MB-6 speakers I would put Raidho's latest Tweeters in them and enjoy!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If you can put it in them. They use other brand tweeters in their Scansonics. But they make the woofers. Interesting given that the C series down to the more affordable monitor uses their best tweeter (only tweeter). I'm a fan of that tweeter! But I don't have much confidence in their enclosure bracing and deadening to be honest. They like "energy" which is fine except that they lose a bit of control to make up for their unfantastic amplifiers (that's my guess as to what caused the performance to be a little off, at Axpona).

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
If you can put it in them. They use other brand tweeters in their Scansonics. But they make the woofers. Interesting given that the C series down to the more affordable monitor uses their best tweeter (only tweeter). I'm a fan of that tweeter! But I don't have much confidence in their enclosure bracing and deadening to be honest. They like "energy" which is fine except that they lose a bit of control to make up for their unfantastic amplifiers (that's my guess as to what caused the performance to be a little off, at Axpona).

What you were hearing from the Raidho speakers at the Axpona Show was the New Raidho speakers were not broke-in good. From what I heard on the forums is these Raidho/Scansonic speakers take a LONG TIME to BREAK-IN GOOD to sound their best.. about 600 to 800 hrs.! Raidho says it takes ONLY 250 hrs.!!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
That would explain the bass sounding a little strange; big, for the size of the speakers but off. It doesn't make up for the wooly sound that I'm pretty certain is the amp that is their brand too. I think it makes total sense that their speakers are more popular, and they got good press as opposed to no press at a show, while using other electronics.

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
That would explain the bass sounding a little strange; big, for the size of the speakers but off. It doesn't make up for the wooly sound that I'm pretty certain is the amp that is their brand too. I think it makes total sense that their speakers are more popular, and they got good press as opposed to no press at a show, while using other electronics.

Synergy between components is very important! From what I heard.. Vitus gear is a great match with Raidho/Scansonic speakers!

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012

Seems like the word is starting to get out on how good these Scansonic mb-3.5's really are!;)

These Dealers below say these speakers are one of the best sounding under $$$20K !;)

http://designaudiovideoinc.com/brands-display.php

http://highend-electronics.com/products/scansonic-mb-3-5-floor-stander

Some on other forums call these Scansonic mb-3.5's "Baby Raidho's"!....they get you very close to the Raidho sound quality for a lot less money!!:b

Last edited:

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I have heard that there are some issues with the Raidho tweeter. Is that a misconception

Have heard them at many shows -- I think the tweeter is excellent. Should be noted that my taste generally leans toward ribbons/planars vs domes.

In a direct component at Axpona, the comparably-sized Raidhos were fuller-sounding than the Scansonics and had more image density and depth. They should sound better -- it's a big cost disparity.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Have heard them at many shows -- I think the tweeter is excellent. Should be noted that my taste generally leans toward ribbons/planars vs domes.

In a direct component at Axpona, the comparably-sized Raidhos were fuller-sounding than the Scansonics and had more image density and depth. They should sound better -- it's a big cost disparity.

If you have the money...you will always spend a lot more to get the best sound!.. Even if the difference is small!..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing