Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Minus K Isolation Platform BM-8

Minus K Isolation Platform BM-8

I have just been to a HIFI Show with the Minus K isolation table in action and was impressed in what it will do and would like one for my turntable.Apart from enabling you to listen to your music during an earthquake and the logic of minimizing vibration through your cart I haven't found anyone talking about there experience if the have one.Even the Doehmann Helix 1 with Minus K isolation inside.
    So please leave any positive or negative experiences you have had with the Minus K..
    Cheers Stump

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I have just been to a HIFI Show with the Minus K isolation table in action and was impressed in what it will do and would like one for my turntable.Apart from enabling you to listen to your music during an earthquake and the logic of minimizing vibration through your cart I haven't found anyone talking about there experience if the have one.Even the Doehmann Helix 1 with Minus K isolation inside.
    So please leave any positive or negative experiences you have had with the Minus K..
    Cheers Stump
    Minus K has proven success and Fremer actually uses one under his Continuum TT.
    Christian

System Gear

I don't have a Minus K, but I have read that it can be very effective. I think one must be careful to balance the load properly on the platform. What kind of turntable do you have, and have you contacted the manufacturer directly to make sure you order the right model for your turntable?
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    Anyone tried Minus-K platforms under a preamp or a DAC ?

Cost wise, it seems to an attractive proposition compared to active isolation tables like Hertzan and Halcyonics.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Looks like Vertere has a modified version of their own now. http://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/07...io+Magazine%29

Check out post 574 on this thread, seems like a very good price to performance option:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...n-table/page58

I´m unsure which model they´re refering to, probably this one: http://www.speirsrobertson.co.uk/ele...-platfoms.html

Stump - what did you think of the dohmann- I was pretty impressed - sounded great on 3RD day
    Phil

Thanks for the feedback so far.Peter I run a Clearaudio Innovation so sounds ideal for the Minus k.I spoke with the importer so the Minus K Isolation Platform Minus K BM-8 with 50-100 pound (25-50Kg) it the model for me.Thanks Pcoster will read up on the Vertere .Phil the dohmann-Helix 1 is a great idea and the whole system was one of my favorite rooms.
    Cheers Stump

Addicted to Best!

Isolate these Entire Rack

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Anyone tried Minus-K platforms under a preamp or a DAC ?

Cost wise, it seems to an attractive proposition compared to active isolation tables like Hertzan and Halcyonics.
    Depending on your set up you may want to try their products designed to isolate the entire rack. More bang for the buck but you may et some equipment generated vibration so it may not be a panacea.

I have try minusk under DAC,preamp ,CD,TT and Amp ,all have awesome effect.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast