Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Minus K Isolation Platform BM-8

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Great news. I alas was one of those who could never sort out the install so trial was kind of invalidated.
    Only the BM-8 is sold in the UK, the 48kg optimal loading version.
    So I remained somewhat hampered by positioning of the tt on the platform re centre of gravity. And whatever 18kg loading plate I used to take my 30kg tt weight up to the 48kg required was always audible as a hard ringing.
    So, is your Sperling close to the loading limit of the BM-1, and how did you settle on “inaudible” loading plates?
    Congrats again on solving the issue.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    Great news. I alas was one of those who could never sort out the install so trial was kind of invalidated.
    Only the BM-8 is sold in the UK, the 48kg optimal loading version.
    So I remained somewhat hampered by positioning of the tt on the platform re centre of gravity. And whatever 18kg loading plate I used to take my 30kg tt weight up to the 48kg required was always audible as a hard ringing.
    So, is your Sperling close to the loading limit of the BM-1, and how did you settle on “inaudible” loading plates?
    Congrats again on solving the issue.
    Thanks. My TT load with the HRS damping plates are about 90% of the max loading weight. Interestingly when I spoke to the Minus-K engineers, they told me that the VERTICAL performance of the BM-1 is not load dependent. It’s 0.5hz. It’s the HORIZONTAL performance that is dependent on load and to get 0.5hz in the HORIZONTAL you need to be as close to max load as possible. They said that footfalls occur in the vertical and unless the room or house was going to shake side-to-side I should be ok. We still figured out load with TT, motor, motor control unit, and HRS Damping plates and got as close as possible. When I read comments about ringing, I asked about putting damping plates on the BM-1 top plate and they thought that would work well. They emphasized to NOT put anything under the components that was a vibration damping device in series with their table isolation (rubber feet, rubber mat, etc.) since that would affect the performance of the BM-1. It appears to have done the trick.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Well, only needing 10% more to reach optimal is a whole lot less challenging than the nr 40% I had to find.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910