Jeff's Stereo Den

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Anytime Jeff! Enjoy! :D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Ordered some NOS Amperex 7308's from Upscale Audio for my LAMM 2.2's. Thank you Jack for the recommendation! I'll report on my findings after a few spins.

enjoy...big fan of that tube myself and have used consistently in the system since 2008.

Hifigary

May 26, 2014
Jeff, thanks for letting me check out your room and system. Your system has great sound and synergy. Also enjoyed your excellent choice of jazz selections and libations as well.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Thanks Gary, you are welcome back anytime. I'm happy the system passed your Girl at Her Volcano test, now I have to find the Quiex II version of that record!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Wow, I missed this thread when you first posted. What a great room. What did you do with the actual garage door? I see the tracks still...just sheet rock it in per your other walls?

I must say the vinyl collection caught my eye...along with the listening aids. Seems you're missing a Aberlour 16 ;-)

Congrats on what must be a GREAT sounding system !

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Wow, I missed this thread when you first posted. What a great room. What did you do with the actual garage door? I see the tracks still...just sheet rock it in per your other walls?

I must say the vinyl collection caught my eye...along with the listening aids. Seems you're missing a Aberlour 16 ;-)

Thank you for your kind words, I've been following your stereo journey on Audiogon and this forum for years. This is not my last house, so I didn't want to fundamentally change the garage. When I'm ready to sell this house, I'll remove the split AC and acoustic treatments, and it will be a nice garage with storage and dedicated lines! Inspired by Dr. Steve's system, I covered the garage door with high grade acoustic curtains.

I'll pick up a bottle of Aberlour 16 for sure!

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks Gary, you are welcome back anytime. I'm happy the system passed your Girl at Her Volcano test, now I have to find the Quiex II version of that record!

What is this test?
After reading this post I stumbled upon this EP yesterday, having never heard of it before, and picked it up for $3.00.
It needs cleaning, RCM packed away, so it will sit until I have it available.

What specifics of this EP comprise of "The Test"? What am I listening for? Assuming Under the Boardwalk, but looking for specifics and why.

I have the 45RPM version of her debut, one of my all time favorites.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015

Jeff,

Would you perhaps have a picture or two of the back of the room in dealing with the garage door?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
What is this test?
After reading this post I stumbled upon this EP yesterday, having never heard of it before, and picked it up for $3.00.
It needs cleaning, RCM packed away, so it will sit until I have it available.

What specifics of this EP comprise of "The Test"? What am I listening for? Assuming Under the Boardwalk, but looking for specifics and why.

I have the 45RPM version of her debut, one of my all time favorites.

Gary played Under the Board Walk on my system and liked what he heard. He said that this track gets congested on many systems that he plays it on. I'm always listening for smearing of voices....especially the female voice.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Amp.JPG

Just added HRS damping plates to the tops of all my Lamm products. Highly recommend!

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
David,
Because they look cool. In all seriousness, the top plates of the Lamm amps ring when tapped so the HRS remove the ringing and reduce vibration.

I know you are against any tweeking of the Lamms...but I just can't help myself.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I designed a rack using Google Sketch Up and had a carpenter build it out of teak plywood. Not as massive as your racks Dr. Steve, but beautiful to look at.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing