Jeff's Stereo Den

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Very organized. Very very nice. This is one room where the cables are well hidden. May I ask where you bought the case that stores your cartridges?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Lovely system Jeff

respect for anyone with 5000 lp's as that is the name of the game ultimately - the music

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Very organized. Very very nice. This is one room where the cables are well hidden. May I ask where you bought the case that stores your cartridges?

Thank you for the kind comments.

I bought the cartridge case from 2Juki on eBay. He's out of Hong Kong.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Very nice setup Jeff, love to hear the Quintessence with the Lamms someday.

david

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Very nice setup Jeff, love to hear the Quintessence with the Lamms someday.

david

Thank you David, I have to say that your system and recommendations have influenced my playback immensely. I agree with your assessment that the SME 3012R is the perfect arm, your comments on this arm made me spend considerable efforts to search a NOS out. It was worth it!

Next time you visit Dr. Steve, we'll try put together a visit.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thank you David, I have to say that your system and recommendations have influenced my playback immensely. I agree with your assessment that the SME 3012R is the perfect arm, your comments on this arm made me spend considerable efforts to search a NOS out. It was worth it!

that would be wonderful and count me in

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Definitely! Looking forward to it Jeff.
david

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Record Close Up.JPG

I thought I'd share my record catalog system. I have my music separated by genre: rock, classical and jazz. Within the genre, the records are alphabetized by band name or last name. If I have more that two records from an individual artist, they get their own section. MY next project will to create sub-genres in classical (baroque, avantgarde, chamber, etc.) Not sure that this will be successful but we'll see.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Thanks for the post of the youtube video for the Stealth VI speaker reviews. What's the retail on these speakers and how is their bass handling (real frequency range in practice), sensitivity, retail price?

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for the post of the youtube video for the Stealth VI speaker reviews. What's the retail on these speakers and how is their bass handling (real frequency range in practice), sensitivity, retail price?

The Stealth SV 7 (series seven ) is 50 k MSRP. Feel free to call me directly if you have any questions regarding the Stealth .

Cheers. Tom
Quintessence Acoustics
619 851 6097

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Nice room and setup Jeff.

Thanks Christian. I've been a big fan of your system and approach to playback. I love your focus on media, in the end that's what it's all about. I made a promise to myself that my stereo system would never cost more than my media collection.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Not to hijack the thread,...just a quick note to thank Tom from Quintessence for all the time via phone discussing the Stealth VI, new VII and Zeta and alot of material and pics sent after the call. I look forward to a road trip to hear these somewhere near me soon.

Christian: Do love how the system and room look! As for listening aids, I believe you are fully squared away! In the pictures it seems like the M-T and T-M speaker subcomponents can be moved in both X and Y axes; am I seeing this correctly? Have a great weekend!

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Not to hijack the thread,...just a quick note to thank Tom from Quintessence for all the time via phone discussing the Stealth VI, new VII and Zeta and alot of material and pics sent after the call. I look forward to a road trip to hear these somewhere near me soon.

Christian: Do love how the system and room look! As for listening aids, I believe you are fully squared away! In the pictures it seems like the M-T and T-M speaker subcomponents can be moved in both X and Y axes; am I seeing this correctly? Have a great weekend!

Zephyr,
You are not hijacking the thread, I'm happy you were able to connect with Tom and learn more about the latest generation of the Quintessence.

Thank you for your comments about the room, I'm really enjoying the sound I'm getting. The synergy between the Lamm equipment and the Quintessence is excellent. The MTM arrangement on my Quintessence are fixed and are not moveable like Wilson's. The powered subwoofer does have an adjustable EQ however, this has helped with a room issue around 35hz.

Jeff

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Thank you again for that answer; I thought I had seen, or had been a sent a picture of one version of the speaker where the M-T and the T-M modules look they had been moved in both X and Y axes. Glad to hear you enjoy them; do you find they play all genres of music equally well? The config and driver compliment would lead me to think yes but please let me know your thoughts on this. I'll be driving or flying to hear these somewhere plus the VIIs and Zetas later in the summer. Enjoy!

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Ordered some NOS Amperex 7308's from Upscale Audio for my LAMM 2.2's. Thank you Jack for the recommendation! I'll report on my findings after a few spins.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing