Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have heard that RMAF is imploding daily as exhibitors are withdrawing as well as others being assigned to different rooms

The smaller room sizes as well as the hotel's resistance as to what can and cannot be removed from rooms to allow the exhibitor to set up has caused many cancellations with exhibitors such as Gary and asiufy not exhibiting

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, unfortunately it seems RMAF this year is a bust. I feel bad for those who didn't come to THE Show Newport, choosing RMAF over it, as now they'll be left with next to nothing in terms of audio shows this year... I think there's still going to be one in NYC later in the year, right?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I have heard that RMAF is imploding daily as exhibitors are withdrawing as well as others being assigned to different rooms

The smaller room sizes as well as the hotel's resistance as to what can and cannot be removed from rooms to allow the exhibitor to set up has caused many cancellations with exhibitors such as Gary and asiufy not exhibiting

Yes, I (and others) have been moved across the street to the Hilton. It appears they are trying to carve out more exhibitor space? We shall see.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Yes, I (and others) have been moved across the street to the Hilton. It appears they are trying to carve out more exhibitor space? We shall see.

The Hilton usually receives quite a few less visitors vs the Marriott. Hopefully this year there will be a significant number of exhibitors at the Hilton and good signage that people are showing there. Ultimately I think RMAF needs a new venue and a program to advertise and promote the show.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
It is a shame that RMAF didn't work out for us this time. Because Saskia is a low production handmade product we can't afford to exhibit at every show. We try to do RMAF every couple of years with something that interests the attendees in a way that keeps us from being lost in the mix, but we simply cannot afford to show unless there is some benefit to be had for our efforts. I didn't see this year as a sure thing, so it's a no-go. It leaves the question of what to do next. For the time being, we'll just keep on building with the hopes of a continuing flow of customers. So far, so good...knock on slate.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
with all the RMAF chaos at this point I'm not going. it will be the second RMAF I've missed since it started. I'm just reluctant to invest the time when stuff is up in the air.

i might change my mind last minute, or maybe go to another show somewhere else instead.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
If you want and there's enough interest we can always hold an even at my place for a couple of days, large room and kick ass system to show off Saskia :)!

david

It is a shame that RMAF didn't work out for us this time. Because Saskia is a low production handmade product we can't afford to exhibit at every show. We try to do RMAF every couple of years with something that interests the attendees in a way that keeps us from being lost in the mix, but we simply cannot afford to show unless there is some benefit to be had for our efforts. I didn't see this year as a sure thing, so it's a no-go. It leaves the question of what to do next. For the time being, we'll just keep on building with the hopes of a continuing flow of customers. So far, so good...knock on slate.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Well unfortunately I have to cancel my plans to go. With the upcoming surgery, I'm not allowed to fly. Bummer......

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
It's very unfortunate that the renovations won't be done in time. And due to these renovations some of the larger rooms have become unusable due to the furniture not being able to move. But we will still have a presence there despite these changes and hopefully next year will either be at a different location or at least more flexibility on what can be removed from the rooms. With so many manufacturers pulling out of this show we run the risk of this show going away.

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Sounds fun. I'm in and I'd even volunteer to manhandle that damn Saskia again to get it there.

Beau

If you want and there's enough interest we can always hold an even at my place for a couple of days, large room and kick ass system to show off Saskia :)!

david

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Win,

Come up to DC again this year. Show is going to be in November this year.

Beau

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Sounds fun. I'm in and I'd even volunteer to manhandle that damn Saskia again to get it there.

Beau

It will be fun and there's so much else to do in the area to make the trip even more worthwhile!

david

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Here's a letter to potential RMAF volunteers, seems like they have it under control and RMAF should be good to go... definitely hurdles to get past but solutions are being found!

Dear RMAF Volunteers:

Life, they say, is what happens on a rainy Tuesday afternoon. Well, dear friends, we have had showers this week at the Marriott Denver Tech Center. But fear not, we have a plan.

When the Marriott Denver Tech Center management decided to renovate our headquarters, we were told the renovation would definitely be completed in time for our 2016 Rocky Mountain International Audio Fest. While the renovations are in the home stretch, they will not be entirely finished by showtime.

As you will see, the completed areas of the hotel are gorgeous. Click here to see the new look. Those spaces have been kicked up more than a few notches. And of course the fully finished renovation project will be an enormous benefit to RMAF for years to come.

We assembled a talented team to brainstorm creative and logistical ideas in response to the recent discovery that less space will be available to us than we had anticipated. As business people, you well know that necessity is the mother of invention. The following modifications and improvements promise to make this the best Rocky Mountain International Audio Fest ever.

Specifics:
The Front Range Atrium side of the hotel will not be available for RMAF use. While this initially posed some challenges, here's how we are going to tackle them.

All 4th and 5th floor Front Range exhibit rooms will now be moved to the Summit Tower side. All couches may now be removed from the rooms. Our website designer is working on a script to transfer all information to your new locations.
CanJam will be located in a large tent located in the front of the hotel with a canopy into the front entrance.
CanJam Atrium spaces will be moved to the Summit Tower side of the lobby. We are working on this new space with the Marriott and will be contacting these exhibitors directly.
Lobby meeting rooms will be located in pods near the entrance of the hotel.

RMAF implemented several exciting initiatives that will be continued this year:

RMAF will be presenting the 2nd Annual Rocky Mountain International HiFi Press Awards (RIHPA). Building on the success of our inaugural event in 2015, the RIHPA has added several new international publications.
We are excited to announce that Lincoln Chen, Executive Editor of Audiotechnique from Hong Kong, will be in attendance. This will be Lincoln's and Audiotechnique's first U.S. show outside of CES. Lincoln will be doing a Q&A session with Audiobeat.com's Roy Gregory on Friday.
After great feedback from our Entry Level Room series sponsored by RMAF in 2015, we have increased the number of rooms from 3 to 5. The price points will be $500, $1000, $1500, $2500 and $5000.

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
It will be interesting to see the state of things this weekend. I do actually have a demo room this year (6019) as it worked out to be easy and reasonable enough cost to pull together with some local resources. The pictures of the updated interior look promising, so I won't pass any judgement until I see things first hand. If anyone from the forum is around please come by and say hello.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, I've just tuned into this thread to see what's cooking at RMAF '16, and see that poor ergonomics is dominating chat.
KeithR, and any others, can you visit the Zu room and get back to me with thoughts on the prototype Experiences? This speaker sure looks evil with humungous front firing 18" subs. But how does it all come together? Please post your thoughts, one and all.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Amir, please enlighten me as to the Zu sound, esp the big Experiences
Other than me and KeithR, not a lot of love for Zu on WBF
And get a chance to talk to their head honcho, Sean Casey, you won't meet many more genuinely humble, super enthusiastic, and funny guys in audio (I've certainly met plenty of the opposite in my time!)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing