prerich

May 21, 2012
What are you guys wanting to see at this year's RMAF?
Well, everyone has made a fuss over Volti Audio's new Rival speakers!!!! I'd like to see if it can duplicate its performance and acceptance at RMAF, from what I'm hearing, 95% of the Vittora's performance at less than half the price!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I just want to see everyone happy, healthy and having a great time!!

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I'm out... the hotel rooms have been remodeled making them effectively 3 ft or so NARROWER... this makes a short-wall setup all but impossible. Standard hotel rooms are now only appropriate for smaller speakers that can be listened to at fairly close distances. Not that the rooms were great for larger speakers but now it's just not possible. I could've squeezed my speakers into the old rooms, just barely, but I can't see my speakers in a long-wall setup working out that well.

I'll be showing my cables and power distribution with one or two other folks but RMAF won't be the debut of my speakers unless I can find an appropriate space, which seems unlikely at this point.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I just want to see everyone happy, healthy and having a great time!!

Hope you're recovering quickly Bruce! Good to you see you back

Philb7777

Mar 11, 2013
Just read the press release that several Atrium rooms on the ground, 4 and 5th floors will be moved to smaller rooms in the tower and makeshift pods outdoors due to unforeseen construction. High Water Sound has been forced to pull out of RMAF because of this. Seems like terrible planning on the Marriott's part and terrible contingency planning on RMAF's part. CanJam will now be under a tent outside. Not sure why they didn't procure a wing or two at the Hyatt via cooperation with Marriott and run shuttles. Still not a perfect fix but better than pods and tents. I'm fearful several more exhibitors affected by this will pull out now. And this is the year I am going.........ugh.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's not good. I am borderline as to whether I am going or not. That may prompt me to not go. Thanks for letting us know.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I will still be going as I have a scheduling conflict with next years event. I might have passed this years up but i just booked my flights last week.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I went ahead and booked my hotel for now. If the show is not as good, there is always great fall time photography! :)

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..after hearing about all of Marriots problems looks like I'll be waiting for AXPONA 2017

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I'm still going...already had booked my flight, so no choice really.
Just remember that comparing RAMF to THE Show won't really be fair this year :(

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Just remember that comparing RAMF to THE Show won't really be fair this year :(

You make a good point. The best sound from years past could often be found in the rooms that will not be available this year.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Maybe I'll be there as a visitor, but I am also taking a pass as an exhibitor this time around.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yeah, we had plans to be in 3 rooms, but in the end, we're just going to attend as visitors.
Since the YG factory is nearby, if folks want to visit, feel free to contact me!

Thanks,
Alex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing