Spectral 30 SL G2 - change AC

phaeton

Nov 13, 2010
Hi all
I've bought some time ago an 30SL g2 in the US with a 120V AC
now I've returned in Europe and so I would like to know if I must necessarily use a 220-120 transformer or there's a way to change on the pcb the AC power from the original 120V to 220V AC

many thanks

mike

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
It's probably all a matter of cost... I suspect the external [high quiality] transformer will do just fine, and in order to replace the internal one the unit will probably have to go back to the factory; for that, you need to find a close-by dealer to go through and/or see if they are authorized themselves to make the change. So I suggest you make contact with them and ask directly.

phaeton

Nov 13, 2010
Hi Ack
thanks for the reply.
I thought that there could be a jumper or similar to be changed.....
I think I will go for now with a step down transformer.

regards
mike

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
It may well have a universal power supply, and the voltage be controlled by a switch or something (I have the same preamp). So it's still worth contacting a dealer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing