Please sign this petition as a Devialet owner or to help many

Antoine

Jun 17, 2013
The Netherlands
Hi all,

I hope this isn't against any forum rules, if it is of course the thread should be deleted.

A fellow Devialet owner started a petition to try to get Devialet moving in fixing the issues in their ethernet/WiFi streaming module and software. If you're a Devialet owner or would like to help one you know (or perhaps just like to help) please sign the petition.

Thank you for any help.

Best regards,

Antoine.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/devialet

This petition grew out of frustration. The frustration of being ignored by Devialet support and management. It is not impulsive : Devialet was regularly warned over a period of months that this action would start.
It is not malicious : we waited three years for a solution. It is not intended to harm Devialet, although this might be a consequence. Five months is ample warning. In this five-month-period, we did not receive a reaction. I created a new incident to make sure that it was not one employee who blocked the info. I was again promised a response, but I'm still waiting.
We all payed serious money in Devialet. The fact that the company never gave an answer to a legitimate and polite question is proofs how important customers are for Devialet.

Dear Management of Devialet,

Since the release of the Expert-line, there are serious problems with the AIR application. To our utmost regret, complaints are met with a wall of silence
Even today, Devialet promotes AIR on his website as a solution for 'streaming audio content without compromise'. The reality is that lots of users experience problems with AIR after a couple of minutes playing music. These problems are only resolved by restarting the AIR-software or - in serious cases - the Expert itself.

Since normal support requests are clearly insufficient to get a statement from Devialet about this issue, we see no other solution than try to get an answer from your company by ways of petitioning you to solve this problem as soon as possible.

We were hopefull when AIR3 beta was released but there has been no statement about an AIR3 version for PC.

Therefore,we politely ask that :

- Potential customers are warned about the current issues.
- Devialet creates and maintains a dedicated support page on the website.
- If Devialet is not able to solve the issues on all hardware, at least give clear information about hardware that will work.
- Please provide updates for the AIR and USB drivers to officially support the latest versions of supported operating systems (both on Mac and PC)

May we also ask that the software interfaces between the Expert and other devices are actualized so they allow at least the control of the functionality that new firmware brings :

- The iOS app has no had no functionality upgrade since version 1.0 A lot of functionality that is controllable by the Devialet Remote is not controllable by the app.
- The RS-232 interface is not upgraded since firmware 7. Functionality like ICM cannot be managed remotely.

We look forward to a reaction - any reaction.

Kind regards,

Concerned customers

Last edited:

soundArgument

May 12, 2013
London
Indeed, the Devialet AIR driver is the expert series amps' one disappointing feature.

New firmware was just released. Since installing it, I've experienced none of the usual problems (dropouts, white noise, blue screen of death in Windows) with the AIR driver. I hope the improvement continues.

soundArgument

May 12, 2013
London
Indeed, the Devialet AIR driver is the expert series amps' one disappointing feature.

New firmware was just released. Since installing it, I've experienced none of the usual problems (dropouts, white noise, blue screen of death in Windows) with the AIR driver. I hope the improvement continues.

Actually, the new firmware didn't fix anything. It's just as unstable before.

Devialet badly needs to fix this.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Networking subsystems from audio companies almost always is licensed from a third-party meaning the company itself can't support it. Often the third-party moves on to new hardware and will refuse to provide any support on the old hardware.

Probably the best option is to get an external networked device and have it feed digital out to Devialet.

soundArgument

May 12, 2013
London
Networking subsystems from audio companies almost always is licensed from a third-party meaning the company itself can't support it. Often the third-party moves on to new hardware and will refuse to provide any support on the old hardware.

Probably the best option is to get an external networked device and have it feed digital out to Devialet.

An excellent suggestion. I think there might be an improvement in noise floor using a Gustard U12 USB audio interface (could be placebo effect), so I might just run a USB extension cable and connect via Gustard.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing